Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

PHEV preconditioning woes

Views : 5456

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 7th, 2017, 21:08   #31
soldana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober View Post
Disappointing. Hopefully they can sort it for you. I got a confirmation that the same 'fix' can be applied to my car but it seems it might come at a cost - circa £250! So some further discussion required it seems
I think I'm in the same boat. Apparently untethered preconditioning will not work as standard. It's an optional extra (software update) which costs about £300 according to my dealer.

I think I'll keep the money and plug it in!
soldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2017, 21:36   #32
Tober

Yes I am thinking the same and manage with the plug-in at least for the rest of this winter. £500 has now been mentioned as the cost of the software upgrade which seems astronomical.
Tober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2017, 12:07   #33
DieselElectric

Unhappy

What?! I'm sure that's not stated in the manual and I am fairly sure it used to work when I first bought my car. It sounds to me like a fault in the software was introduced and they don't want to fix it.

It certainly won't be the first bug. I had problems with the 12V battery going flat because the car woke itself up every few minutes just to check if it was time to start charging. If you left it a week the battery would be so flat you couldn't even open the doors. That was fixed in an update about a year ago.
DieselElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2017, 18:02   #34
steadvex
Master Member

Does anyone know if a car has the option to remote precondition it means it also has Volvo on call?

Trying to figure out how it works, does it just work from the fob in which case I assume it must be within shot range, or as I thought before being confused it uses the Volvo on Call app to talk to the car from afar?

reading from this thread, any twin engine can have remote pre conditioning as a software update as the physical hardware is already in the car? just confused to how you can remote start it if it doesn't have a data connection
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2017, 15:58   #35
DieselElectric

I read up on the remote-control preconditioning when I was getting my car and I think it worked by holding down one of the buttons for a few seconds (just like you can open/close the windows of the car using unlock/lock). You have to be in range.

After I heard the price for the upgrade, for what must be a really simple software change, I decided I really didn't need it. The VOC app was sufficient.
DieselElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DieselElectric For This Useful Post:

Tags
phev, preconditioning, preheating, v60