Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Collected the car today

Views : 22265

Replies : 303

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 8th, 2017, 21:09   #291
FooMan
First time Volvo owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
I can only think the door was damaged at the dealership and they resprayed it and tried to pass it off, surely Volvo quality control cannot be that poor. Or can it.
The OP collected it from the factory in this condition on the OSD (Over Seas Delivery) program.
Old Jan 23rd, 2017, 22:51   #292
OURDESIGN

Just an update...

According to Volvo Customer Care our request for a replacement has been denied. They only offered a respray to paint match.
They say the door received a second coat of paint but there was no body work so that doesn't warrant a replacement.
A second coat to me means something was wrong with the first spray and someone knowingly repainted the one door.
None of this was disclosed to us so we've reached out to an attorney we had spoken to previously about this issue.
I will make this issue known in every avenue of social, local and national media that will listen. Disappointed is an understatement.
OURDESIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2017, 12:41   #293
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OURDESIGN View Post
Just an update...

According to Volvo Customer Care our request for a replacement has been denied. They only offered a respray to paint match.
They say the door received a second coat of paint but there was no body work so that doesn't warrant a replacement.
A second coat to me means something was wrong with the first spray and someone knowingly repainted the one door.
None of this was disclosed to us so we've reached out to an attorney we had spoken to previously about this issue.
I will make this issue known in every avenue of social, local and national media that will listen. Disappointed is an understatement.

And like many more of us disappoined customers you will never buy another Volvo.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2017, 13:25   #294
Giles11

https://www.media.volvocars.com/glob...=2016&month=12

XC90 sales reached new record in December
Giles11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2017, 13:33   #295
BTXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles11 View Post
https://www.media.volvocars.com/glob...=2016&month=12

XC90 sales reached new record in December
Old Jan 24th, 2017, 14:29   #296
OURDESIGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
And like many more of us disappoined customers you will never buy another Volvo.
This is true. It's unfortunate because I have been waiting for the V90CC to arrive to the states so I can test drive before placing an order. Now I don't trust Volvo enough to be confident that this or some other shady issue won't occur. I still can't believe a major car manufacturer would try to put one over on their customer.
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 19:39   #297
OURDESIGN

Feel free to support us in our fight to make things right. #Volvomakethisright

https://www.instagram.com/osmium_design/

Old Jan 28th, 2017, 18:57   #298
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OURDESIGN View Post
Feel free to support us in our fight to make things right. #Volvomakethisright

https://www.instagram.com/osmium_design/

Cannot believe you are having to do this, surely it is a no brainer to reject the car.
Old Jan 29th, 2017, 13:41   #299
AB-UK
Premier Member

If Volvo are willing to strip down the door and guarantee to repaint it to exactly match the rest of the paintwork then I think that should suffice - plus some form of compensation for the nuisance factor of course.

Maybe if "Ourdesign" is still going down the legal route then he should look along the lines of the car having been passed off as a full-priced "Perfect" example rather than a "Second" with imperfections, or damaged, with a reduced price accordingly.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2017, 12:48   #300
mordred1973

Interesting, if I go way back to 1998, my father bought his first ever new car, a Vauxhall Vectra V6 at the time they were doing 2 years interest free pay 50% now and the balance at the end of the 2 years.

It arrived, with a small (well 5p sized) dent in the top of one of the front wings, where the mirror over hang was (they had a mirror that blended into the bonnet)

There was no paint damage the pain matched nicely too, so looked like it had potentially been dont pre-paint shop. The best offer they made then was to effectively fill the dent and respray. It was declined and seemed safer to leave it since the plan was to have it as a retirement car anyway.

shortly after (3 months old) it started randomly cutting out, necessitating a shift to N or P to restart, a serious safetly hazard since it did it numerous times in the middly of junctions or roundabouts. After 8 months of it going back to the dealer, replacing parts of the engine management system etc then Vauxhall having it themselves, they continued to fight the rejection until I managed to get a friend who worked for a city law form to write to them and at the same time got the local papger (Luton News at it was then) to write to them.

They finally agreed to replace the car but said he had to wait another 6 weeks due to the factory summer shut down and had to pay £1650 (so about 10% of the then purchase price) towards the replacement.

Was a complete nightmare, luckily consumer law has improved a bit since then!