Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

PHEV preconditioning woes

Views : 5458

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 23rd, 2017, 23:13   #21
Tober

Thanks Swiss. I will check the labels. I am making the assumption that if I get the message on the dash that the FOH is mot functioning due to low fuel level that I do have the heater. Accordingly I would hope that preconditioning would work when I have an appropriate level of fuel and am not charging. This hasn't been the case up to now so I am going back to the dealer. Thanks
Tober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2017, 23:14   #22
Tober

Thanks Soldana. Similar experience. I will be interested to hear how you get on tomorrow
Old Jan 24th, 2017, 15:38   #23
soldana

My V60 has had its 3,000 mile check.

The dealer says they have applied a software update which should now allow for untethered charging. I plan to give this a try in the morning, will report back as to whether it works or not.

Apparently my car is also subject to an airbag recall, so another trip to the dealers next week...
soldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2017, 15:50   #24
Tober

That's good news Soldana. I got similar word today with an explanation that you need to opt in to secure untethered preconditioning. I will go back to the local dealer to see if I can secure the same software update. If you don't mind me asking was there a charge for the software update?
Look forward to your report back.
Old Jan 24th, 2017, 20:30   #25
soldana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober View Post
If you don't mind me asking was there a charge for the software update?
I wasn't charged for it.
Old Jan 24th, 2017, 20:46   #26
Tober

Great - even better!
Old Jan 25th, 2017, 08:45   #27
soldana

I should have know it couldn't possibly be this easy.....

Tried to precondition untethered this morning. The VOC said "preconditioning started". But when I went out to the car, it was most definitely not warmed up (thankfully it wasn't an icy morning, so didn't matter too much).

So it looks like whatever the software update was, it hasn't fixed this issue.

Back to the drawing board. I will ask the dealer to investigate again when I take the car back for its airbag work.
The Following User Says Thank You to soldana For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 25th, 2017, 11:57   #28
Tober

Disappointing. Hopefully they can sort it for you. I got a confirmation that the same 'fix' can be applied to my car but it seems it might come at a cost - circa £250! So some further discussion required it seems
Old Jan 25th, 2017, 12:43   #29
DieselElectric

I'm still moderately certain the untethered preconditioning worked at least once on my V60 when I first got it (over 2 years ago). It seems to me that this was either because it was very cold or perhaps some software change done during servicing has since stopped it functioning.

I have noticed that if I press the "start preconditioning" on the VOC app, I can hear some relays click but then about 20 seconds later there's another click which I guess is the system turning off again.
DieselElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2017, 12:20   #30
soldana

My car is booked in for airbag work next Thursday (2nd Feb). I spoke to the master technician at the dealer, who wanted to confirm that I'd definitely enabled "Outdoor preconditioning". He seems to think that it ought to work, so it will be interesting to see what the outcome is.
The Following User Says Thank You to soldana For This Useful Post:

Tags
phev, preconditioning, preheating, v60