Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Is £24k a good deal for this XC90

Views : 2067

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 12th, 2009, 14:56   #1
brucey

Default Is £24k a good deal for this XC90

New D5 Active
Oyster grey
Geartronic
Winter pack.
Mid December delivery

It's about £1000 dearer than the internet brokers are quoting but this price is from a dealer and they are giving me a good trade in price which i would struggle to achieve if i sold my current car privately.
What has everyone else paid?
brucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2009, 15:13   #2
XCF
Master Member

It is about £1k above what you'd get via broker - but it's a 2009 delivery so the VAT saving of just over £500 coupled with the trade in price might make it better all in than going via a broker.
XCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2009, 15:52   #3
AyrshireXC90

Obviously the local dealers are now seeing reason, and offering competetive prices.
When I was buying in May this year, Parks and Taggarts were thousands adrift from the best prices I could find. I settled for a factory order and picked it up in Newcastle, without any hassle at all.
I would have preferred to buy locally (Parks is only 2 miles away), and would have been swayed by the type of deal you have secured. The only thought I have is that the vehicle must have been ordered a few weeks ago, and possibly the dealer could sweeten the deal with a few extras???
I too went for Oyster (cream seats), and love it - it is not too common a sight locally, making it feel all the more special.
Although I have had a few problems with Parks for aftersales care initially, I would have to say that they seem to have improved over the last month or two. The staff seem keen, esp the service receptionist.
Good luck.
AyrshireXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2009, 16:15   #4
T5R+
V70 Fan

The VAT bit is misleading. If you order today and pay a deposit and the dealer agrees to payment of the balance on delivery - the invoice can reflect this (eg balance due in 90 days) and YOU only pay 15%.

Dealwise it seems good as manual box plus no options is £22K on the nose.
T5R+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2009, 16:54   #5
brucey

T5r+. That seems to go against everything the dealers and brokers are saying.
brucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2009, 17:08   #6
XCF
Master Member

Also - manual box with no extras is £20,886

http://www.dealdrivers.co.uk/html/xc90.html
XCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 09:10   #7
ive

blimey.. they have come down in price a bit.. We paid £27k for a 9 month old XC90 D5 winter pack etc about 2 years ago.
ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 19:34   #8
T5R+
V70 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucey View Post
T5r+. That seems to go against everything the dealers and brokers are saying.
Sorry cannot vouch for Volvo dealers - about to place an order for a Civic and dealer is willing to this approach.
T5R+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2009, 16:24   #9
paramed

Default Volvo XC90 active

Just placed order for XC90 Active at Volvo dealer locally and they more or less matched the Dealdrivers price (within a couple of hundered quid) but also gave a mid range trade part exchange price which we are more than happy with (think we would have struggled to sell the part ex privately for the money they are offering for it). Worth shopping around the dealers, some wouldnt even consider getting close to the broker price. In the end have got the car with around a 30% or more discount plus a sensible price for the part ex. More than happy!!
paramed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 13:00   #10
Big AL 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R+ View Post
Sorry cannot vouch for Volvo dealers - about to place an order for a Civic and dealer is willing to this approach.
The situation around vat is that the service or product needs to be supplied and paid for before 31/Dec to avoid paying 17.5%.

You may however find that some car dealership will pay the vat for you via discount just to get the business this year, with the car being delivered in 2010.

The dealdrivers price looks ok but you need to add extra's such as paint before you get to a price that you can compare with a dealer. Plus they don't do trade in's. It is easier to do into a local dealer if you have a problem. So although I will use internet prices to drive a price down in a dealer in my opinion it is worth paying a slightly higher price and buying from a dealer.

Cheers,
Big AL 1 is offline   Reply With Quote