Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Headlamp wash wipe removal

Views : 1361

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 28th, 2009, 20:31   #1
il_pompino
single speed muppet

Question Headlamp wash wipe removal

Hi forum people,

Due to a minor front end shunt I have a damaged bumper. While the front bumper is off the car being repaired or replaced I have the chance to deal with the headlamp wash wipe system, ideally I would like to remove it from the car completely- it has always been hit and miss in operation and has no syncronization. Do any of you know the basic principal of removing this item and any implications incurred, is there a Volvo original blanking plate for the bumper?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.
il_pompino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 21:00   #2
phil_r

Have a look at this thread, http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...t+wiper&page=2

My wipers gave up following driving through some very heavy snow last year and became intermitant. I disconnected them (when they where in the down position) at the connecter which is visable with the bonnet open near the bonnet catch, there is two of them! I then taped the connectors up with insulating tape so that i could later repair the units.

A month ago I decided to sort them out, removal was as shown in the link and didn't take as long as i thought it might, bumper off, lights out (air con pipe was a right old pain on the left light). I then drove around for a week or two with the small holes showing below the lights where the motor used to extend through, although you may be able to get blanks for these? If disconecting permantly you will also need to deal with the washer pipe, i left mine pointing downwards out the way whilst i sorted the motor out.

I point to note the 440's have the same motor housing and motor but different gearing, saved me a few £££ after swapping...

Phil
phil_r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phil_r For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 10:05   #3
il_pompino
single speed muppet

Wink

Morning Phil, many thanks for pointing me in the right direction - that thread had a lot of useful info. I will endeavour to remove them completely, and hopefully will come up with a solution for the washer bottle feed pipe that is left hanging
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 15:29   #4
il_pompino
single speed muppet

Arrow

As mentioned earlier the car has had a minor front end yesterday

Shame really as shes a lovely example, but at the end of the day totally repairable - I hope

Regards Andy

The Single Speed Muppet

Tags
front bumper, head lamp wash wipe