Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

HU850 / GROM users

Views : 611

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 28th, 2017, 19:10   #1
djneils98

Default HU850 / GROM users

i've been told by grom that if i want my grom usb3 to remember preset stations with the DAB add-on it needs a permanent power connection from the hu850 head unit.
i don't remember there being one and the hu850 only works when the ignition is on.
is there a permanent power feed to the headunit (as grom say) so that the hu850 presets don't get lost when the ignition is off?

thanks
djneils98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2017, 21:34   #2
marcb
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djneils98 View Post
i've been told by grom that if i want my grom usb3 to remember preset stations with the DAB add-on it needs a permanent power connection from the hu850 head unit.
i don't remember there being one and the hu850 only works when the ignition is on.
is there a permanent power feed to the headunit (as grom say) so that the hu850 presets don't get lost when the ignition is off?
Well the Grom needs a permanent live feed when you install it?
marcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2017, 21:37   #3
djneils98

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcb View Post
Well the Grom needs a permanent live feed when you install it?
thanks for the reply
it came with a kind of vampire connector that tapped off the power connector going into to the HU850 - don't think its a permanent one or is it? the headunit needs the ignition turned on 1 click/turn to work
Old Jun 28th, 2017, 21:37   #4
Simon Jones
Premier Member

It has both permanent and ignition switched feeds but you'll have to figure which is which. Be warned though that if you turn the ignition on with the climate control panel disconnected you will trigger a fault message on the DIM. This is a standard ISO adapter I had fitted for an aftermarket headunit in place of 850 and it took the necessary connections from the vehicle connector.

Simon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simon Jones For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 28th, 2017, 21:39   #5
djneils98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Jones View Post
It has both permanent and ignition switched feeds but you'll have to figure which is which. Be warned though that if you turn the ignition on with the climate control panel disconnected you will trigger a fault message on the DIM. This is a standard ISO adapter I had fitted for an aftermarket headunit in place of 850 and it took the necessary connections from the vehicle connector.

thanks - i'll have to get the headunit out and have a look
as long as i don't disconnect anything i should be ok shouldn't i?
Old Jun 28th, 2017, 21:44   #6
djneils98

anyone have an electrical diagram for the connectors going into the hu850?
Old Jun 28th, 2017, 21:44   #7
Simon Jones
Premier Member

Best bet is remove the whole lot with ignition off, reconnect the lower plug to the CC before switching on ignition, test the pins on the HU connector to see what does what and then you should be ok.

Simon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simon Jones For This Useful Post: