Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

850 TDI Estate ; spares or repairs

Views : 905

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 27th, 2016, 08:25   #1
robinofloxley

Default 850 TDI Estate ; spares or repairs

Dark Metalic Blue, TDI Estate P381 AUD .
180 k, went pop, well not pop more of slow fade..., on way to MOT . Have been told its the imobaliser unit. Can be replaced for £311 ,quoted by Volvo.
Car is solid, with FSH. (from new) so MOT shouldnt be a problem.
Just spent £1000 on new ecu , as i was told was the problem, so thats why im bailing out, needed wheels sharpish so bought an 06 V70 for my sins. (feels newer but not as solid as 850 somehow....)
Had car for 8 years , never broke down till this point, once the pump action timing belt starting prob was fixed, years ago. Sad to let it go.
Scrappy has offered to collect and give me £75.
Would much rather it went to Volvo world, to live on in some way. This is not a concours car so usual scrapes & dents for age.Nothing serious. But it scrubs up v well after a decent valet. (pic available but cant seem to import from my phone. Im a bit of a der. Call/txt me and ill sent to you)
Offers.
Brighton area.
07779 459 126
Cheers Jake

Last edited by robinofloxley; Jul 27th, 2016 at 08:45.
robinofloxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2016, 22:00   #2
PNuT
MaDMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinofloxley View Post
Dark Metalic Blue, TDI Estate P381 AUD .
180 k, went pop, well not pop more of slow fade..., on way to MOT . Have been told its the imobaliser unit. Can be replaced for £311 ,quoted by Volvo.
Car is solid, with FSH. (from new) so MOT shouldnt be a problem.
Just spent £1000 on new ecu , as i was told was the problem, so thats why im bailing out, needed wheels sharpish so bought an 06 V70 for my sins. (feels newer but not as solid as 850 somehow....)
Had car for 8 years , never broke down till this point, once the pump action timing belt starting prob was fixed, years ago. Sad to let it go.
Scrappy has offered to collect and give me £75.
Would much rather it went to Volvo world, to live on in some way. This is not a concours car so usual scrapes & dents for age.Nothing serious. But it scrubs up v well after a decent valet. (pic available but cant seem to import from my phone. Im a bit of a der. Call/txt me and ill sent to you)
Offers.
Brighton area.
07779 459 126
Cheers Jake
If it died while you were driving I doubt it will be the immobiliser!
Old Jul 28th, 2016, 08:41   #3
robinofloxley

Felt like an engine break had kicked in. Happened before. Was ECU. This time old ecu couldn't be repaired. So new ECU. While they( volvo ) were working on it they stumbled on immobiliser that seemed to get it going when ' tapped'. Got 20 mins up the road. Mechanic will do proper diagnosis by Monday. Anyway, seems like no one here wants a TDI, for what would be a bit of work or maybe £500 spent. ( MOT might be cuppla hundred. Usually sails through) so its off to the scrappy next week. Shame
Old Jul 28th, 2016, 10:18   #4
BigMonty
ICE ICE BABY

I desperately want one, just the recovery for such a vehicle would cost more than its worth. Which is a bugger
Old Jul 28th, 2016, 10:35   #5
robinofloxley

Where are you? If the car gets to live, I'm.into chipping in a bit for that. Transportation is about £1 per mile. Sometimes empty carrier does a deal for less.

Last edited by robinofloxley; Jul 28th, 2016 at 10:48.
Old Jul 28th, 2016, 17:38   #6
robinofloxley

Ok mechanics looked at it. As poster PNuT suggested its not imobaliser. Something internal has gone. Bit of a mystery why that should have happened whilst stationary but cranking. Anyway , there it is. Guessing they ll be no interest. So to the scrappy it goes.Damn shame , I wanted to get it to 200k. Ah well.

Last edited by robinofloxley; Jul 28th, 2016 at 17:42.
Old Jul 30th, 2016, 11:12   #7
brickman
Premier Member

There is normally a good demand for TDI, often in 850 shape even more so!

If you can handle to keep hold of it a few more weeks than someone will invariably scoop it up. £75 from a scrappy is good going at the minute though, most are £0 to 'you pay us if you want it collected'.

If it is going scrap then I would suggest removing a few choice bits. ECU, injectors, MAF sensor (I need one!!!).

Has it got a load guard, boot floor mat, good carpets, cupholder in armrest etc. These are things worth something to us on here.
Old Aug 1st, 2016, 21:41   #8
robinofloxley

I'm no mechanic at so can't do that.can pull out ECU. That's it. Dont even know an maf sensor is . apologies.. Of the list you mentioned it has good carpets. If I dont get a buyer anyone is welcome to come & take bits off. I'm paying to park it atm so won't be that lo g till its scrapped. Week or so. . Cheers jake
Old Aug 2nd, 2016, 10:24   #9
robinofloxley

http://photo hosting sites

Last edited by robinofloxley; Aug 2nd, 2016 at 10:29.
Old Aug 2nd, 2016, 10:26   #10
robinofloxley

http://free upload