Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo On Call

Views : 2884

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 13:09   #1
XC90 Dave

Default Volvo On Call

MY 10 Executive - has anyone else had the problem of their Volvo On Call system de-activating itself? I've checked with my supplying dealer and he reckons that the on call should be for 5 years. He has also suggested that if I re-enter the activation code it should work! Fingers crossed I'll try it tonight and report back.
XC90 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 10:01   #2
XC90 Dave

I entered the activation code provided by my supplying dealer and the fault has now gone away. The dealer did say that he has had a few newly supplied cars with this problem and that the problem may recur, fingers crossed!
XC90 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 12:18   #3
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

When I picked up my new MY2011 XC90, the originally supplied Volvo On Call activation code did not work and kept throwing up an invalid code message.

My dealer gave me a 2nd code which then worked OK. After you enter the code you then need to press the [ASSIST] to contact the call center. Explain to them that you are registering the car and they will then go through a number of checks with you to do it.

It's quite spooky when they do this as they will confirm things with you like - your engine is switched off, your windows are up, there are two people in the car, headlights are on...!
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 13:10   #4
Hinckley

This is not a new problem but reading the forums - does not appear to be a common one.

The system fitted to my 80 was a pain, the messages started off with 'on-call service required' - then after a while the system started deactivating itself, my dealer was good and they tried hard to help but they were unable to fix the problem - they just seemed to make the messages go away for a while.

If memory serves I think they said it was something to do with the modules back-up battery going flat - they replaced the module in my car three times and did numerous software re-loads/upgrades to no avail.

I looked hard into getting a MY2011 XC90 Exec - when I asked the salesman if the on-call system was the same model as used in my S80 - Oh yes Sir same unit - Doh!

Good luck.
Last 2009 Merc CLS
Now 2004 S80 2.5T SE + Freelander! (BOGOF!)
Hinckley is offline   Reply With Quote