Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Engine system service required - ??????

Views : 19717

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 13th, 2010, 16:18   #1
Singh_V50 D5 SESPT

Default Engine system service required - ??????

hi guys i have a volvo v50 d5 se sport i started the car today and a warning Engine System Service Required came up on my dash......has any one had or come across this message before???

the car acceleration fell and had no kick down just a gradual increase in speed slowly??? any help advive would be grateful

thanks
Singh_V50 D5 SESPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 16:58   #2
Rossi-fan
Premier Member

Have you tried doing a search? I would say there will be someone who has had the same problem somewhere down the line.
Rossi-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 17:15   #3
Singh_V50 D5 SESPT

hi mate yeh ive had a search in the forums and i cant find anything of relevance but a search on google came up with a few items but the where for different volvo models s80 v70 etc....they have given me a few avenues to explore but until i find some one who has experienced the same problem on their v50 d5 im kind clueless......

by the way an update i just took the car out for another spin the warning message is still there but the car seems to be running normally....so i am hoping its nothing to serious at the moment.
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 21:48   #4
SiRS2000
Master Member

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=102197

See the above thread; this is the thread I started when I had the same fault on the driver information display.

I am sure I posted the rectification as well.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 21:54   #5
John Steed

Ditto what SiRS says; I had same message after D5 recall software upgrade; needed to be re-loaded and problem now resolved.
John Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 23:16   #6
7050man
Master Member

Get the codes read. The car is I suspect in limp mode due to a logged error of some kind.

If you don't you will only be guessing and there may be many reasoins why car exhibits these symptoms.

For what it's worth ( and this won't completely apply to your car, at least not for the same reason), but my 2.0D had this message when there was a reported fault with the DPF additive system. IN my case level was low.

As I say, your car won't have this message for exactly the same reason, as the D5 does not have additive.
7050man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 13:48   #7
Singh_V50 D5 SESPT

Cheers for your replys and posts the warning light came off a few days later but surprise surprise Volvo called me regards the recall and I've now booked it in. Will c what they have to say in a few days! Thanks again
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 19:51   #8
SiRS2000
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh_V50 D5 SESPT View Post
Cheers for your replys and posts the warning light came off a few days later but surprise surprise Volvo called me regards the recall and I've now booked it in. Will c what they have to say in a few days! Thanks again
This sounds like your local dealer were expecting your car back, obviously a common fault after the recall software upgrade.
Old Aug 13th, 2016, 22:09   #9
lhmuller

Default Help!

Hi my 2008 Volvo v50 has the engine system service required message.
We are getting error code 0299. Turbocharger boost pressure low. we have replaced the turbo twice. Changed the maf, changed the boost pressure solenoid, and taken the egr apart. Still says message car drives ok for a short distance then the message appears car starts to drag but if you put your foot on the clutch for a second to let the engine idle then she is off like a bat out of hell.
After a few miles she then starts jittering like there is a hesitation.
Any ideas?
Thanks
lhmuller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine system service req