Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Ive been RICA Remapped (C70 2.0T)

Views : 2399

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 4th, 2011, 16:24   #1
dpbayly

Default Ive been RICA Remapped (C70 2.0T)

Well Ive just got back from Kings of Witcham where they performed my RICA remap,

Let me start by saying for the last 2 weeks Ive tried finding out everywhere on this forum and others and a few different RICA agents what my boost level will increase too, reason being Ive been running a MBC on my car set at about 9psi and i wanted to confirm that the remap would feel £450 better than my 9psi MBC (£17) lash up, but no one could inform me of the RICA boost level so i took a gamble and went for it today.

Results:
my very first impression was of disappointment, when i briefly put my foot down for the first time the boost only went to 10psi and i thought great Ive just parted with £450 for the same performance i had for just £17 BUT once i stopped sulking i gave it a chance and wow it has made a noticeable difference it pulls harder through every gear it now it feels like I'm driving a car with a turbo where it didn't before and it actually looks like I'm hitting 11psi not 10psi.

So even though I'm only running about 2psi more the difference is much bigger, i have to say its not all about the boost level which is the mistake i had made thinking i needed to see about 12-13psi to be happy with the remap, obviously on a remap they change other things like the fueling and timing and that can make just as much of an improvement to performance on top of just upping boost.

I was also told to see the most out of my remap (210bhp/300lbs ft) i should run on super unleaded and at the min I'm running on budget fuel. So anyone with the 2.0t (163bhp/220lbs ft) engine thinking is it worth it id say go for it, i had to remove the MBC before going to get it done and the difference from stock to now is huge.

As i said in one of my last threads i made a couple of vids of 0-70 changing gear at 4.5k and 30-70 accelerating in 3rd gear of both stock (6psi) and with MBC (9psi) on the same bit of road and i will do another with the remap now in place for comparison, when i watched back the vids of stock and running MBC there is a big difference there if you stopwatch them both theres nearly 2 seconds difference in the 0-70 and just over 1 second in the 30-70, once Ive done the other vids of the remap i will post links to them on youtube for people to judge for them selves.

So all in all im chuffed.
dpbayly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dpbayly For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 17:06   #2
deathrider311271
I've Been Banned

Good news u r happy with it, nice little write up too
deathrider311271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 18:26   #3
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Deffo run on Shell Super 99ron you'll feel the difference.

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 20:49   #4
dpbayly

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
I will be, just running what I've got left out then topping up with the good stuff.
dpbayly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 22:45   #5
gdphillips
ba baracus...

nice one mate will be watching this as you get used to it as mine is being done at some point.......need to fix it first.....
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 23:58   #6
martybelfastt5
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
i run super unleaded ,, felt the difference and im not mapped