Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New Front Crossmember/Suspension Updates/Pics P1800/Amazon

Views : 6729

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 18th, 2011, 21:21   #1
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

Default New Front Crossmember/Suspension Updates/Pics P1800/Amazon

Well here is another update on the P1800/Amazon Crossmember Suspension kit. These are available for order next week, starting the June 20th. In order to qualify for the discount, all orders must be in by July 1st.. At that time, I will know how many I need to order for the people that are wanting them.. Things look good for a second run at this time, but interest will surely play a factor.

All service parts are readily available at any chain Auto Parts Store, along with a considerable price savings over the OEM Volvo Components. I did this, so people can service their Front Ends and Rear Ends with ease, due to parts availability and savings.. Every kit, will have a parts number break down of all the servicable components.

The Custom Direct Bolt in Ford 9in Rear ends will be available in about the next 60 days, along with some other very cool parts.. I am working with Vintage Air, so we will have some efficient and working heat and air systems for these cars. My company Classic Auto Glass Innovations will be offering the Flush Mount Windshields and Back Glass's. We will have completely updated Electronic Guages (Direct Replacement) with a GPS speedometer, so there will be no Gear Ratio or Tire size issues for speedo Calibration. Custom Interior Panels, that will be retro, but updated in styling, etc, etc..

Diversified Auto Group is pursuing all of these bolt on items, becuase early next year, we plan on releasing a Re-Badged Amazon and P1800. These cars will have the best of in suspension and brakes, up to 500 Dependable and Economic Horsepower, 5-speeds or 4 speed overdrive Auto's, Power windows, modern AC/Heat, Retro but modern interiors and conveniences, etc, etc.. We will be releasing Artist Renditions of these Rebadged vehicles in the near future.. We will also be taking on Customer who wish to send us their cars for the Resto-Mod/Pro-Touring restorations. Everything is completely Bolt in, so the steady quality will be there in each build.

Here are some pictures of the Various Ride Positions the Front Suspension kit is capable of.. Please keep in mind, all the different ride heights, are capable of proper wheel alignment (toe, caster, camber) If you would like information, to order, or get on the contact list, dont hesitate to email or call...

Factory Ride Height with Standard Spindles (Factory Wheels)

Factory Ride Height with Standard Spindle (Mustang 16" Wheels)

Lowered Ride Height with 2 in Drop Spindles and spaced out wheels (Factory Wheels)

Lowered Ride Height with 2 inch Drop Spindles Spaced out Wheels (Mustang 16" Wheels)

Lowered Ride Height with 2 inch Drop Spindles (19" Aftermarket Wheels)

Classic Auto Glass Innovations
Flush Mount Glass
Classicautoglassinnovations.com
Iamtheonlyreal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 21:22   #2
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

Here are some pictures of the suspension kit itself, along with some installed pictures.. This is a completely Bolt In Unit (No Cutting or Drilling)

Here are some pictures of how the unit comes to your door step, and it being installed into the Amazon.

Standard 11 Inch Brake Pictures (Drilled/Slotted is an upgrade), along with some pictures of the 14 Inch 6 Piston Caliper Option available also.. 11", 12", 13" Wilwood also available in the 4 or 6 Piston Caliper Options..

Flush Mount Glass
The Following User Says Thank You to Iamtheonlyreal1 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 23:38   #3
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

Here are some pictures of the 19" wheels on the car at factory ride height with standard spindles, with the 14 inch Wilwood Brake option..

Flush Mount Glass
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 07:32   #4
tdz840
VOC Member

Default WoW

looks really good and such a pleasure seeing someone taking the time and effort to develop new items for our cars.
Workmanship is first class!
Somne questions:
1. The willwood brake system- I presume this is single cct; how much to convert to dual cct (makjes sense doing this when completing the change over)
2. Love the power steering - does it come on the proper side of the car()!
3. What does the kit consist of, could you supply a kitting list? Ive just bought new springs and Bilisteins and although I know these are saleable it would be useful to know if these are reusable.
4. What is the cost including shipping to the UK
5. Is there developments for the rear so the back end is jacked up wrt the front!
Russ
tdz840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 07:55   #5
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdz840 View Post
looks really good and such a pleasure seeing someone taking the time and effort to develop new items for our cars.
Workmanship is first class!
Somne questions:
1. The willwood brake system- I presume this is single cct; how much to convert to dual cct (makjes sense doing this when completing the change over)
2. Love the power steering - does it come on the proper side of the car()!
3. What does the kit consist of, could you supply a kitting list? Ive just bought new springs and Bilisteins and although I know these are saleable it would be useful to know if these are reusable.
4. What is the cost including shipping to the UK
5. Is there developments for the rear so the back end is jacked up wrt the front!
Russ
First of all.. Thanks.. I try hard.. LOL

On the first question. When you go with the larger brakes, you will need to run the Wilwood master cylinder, which is not a problem mounting it.. There are just a few easy mods to the mastercylinder.

The kit consist of Everything from Rotor to Rotor.. They come fully assembled and ready to install with the standard 11 inch brakes.. The 11 inch brakes do not need a mastercylinder change. This is an Adjustable coil over set up, so it eliminates your springs and shocks entirely.

I am trying to find a few suppliers in your area, so if you can give them the heads up, it will make cost cheaper on you.. I am trying to work out the shipping details over sea's so I would have to get back to you on that one.

The rack and pinion pictured is not power, it is manual.. We do offer the RHD rack and pinions in the standard and close ratio, but for some reason the Power is not available yet. I am checking on that.. I will say this, unless you are running huge wheels and tire, the power is not necessary unless the engine you are running alreadys supports a power steering pump.. Running the 19x8.5 wheels on the front of the car pictures, is a walk in the park, compared to operating the factory steering with the factory skinny wheels.. You can perform parking lot or shop manuevers with 2 fingers if the car is rolling at all.. If it is stationary, it is about 4 time easier still..

In about the next 60-90 days, we will have 3 options for the rear end... First option uses your existing rear end, but removes the factory coil springs and shocks by converting it to matching Adjustable Coil Overs.

2nd option is a completely new Rear end assmembly we will be releasing.. This is a direct bolt in, and will attach to your existing control arm, coil spring, shocks, etc. It is a light weight Ford 9in rear end assembly, with aluminum outer hubs, disc brakes, with a complete range of gear ratio and traction options.. These are made to the same track width as the original, and I am working on potential driveshaft mods as we speak.

3rd is a combination of 1 and 2.. This rear end assembly will also work with our Coil Over Conversion kit, so you can have both options..

The front and rear kit will support both Volvo bolt patterns, the 5x4.5 and the 5x108mm, so you can run factory wheels if wanted. With the new rear end assembly, you can run up to 14 inch rear disc brakes also...

I think we have some pretty cool products coming out, not to mention the shop built Re-Badged high output cars.

Flush Mount Glass

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; Jun 19th, 2011 at 07:59.
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 10:47   #6
Derek UK
VOC Member

Looks good, I think. Pity that none of the indoor pictures are sharp enough to see the details. Your Kodak is using 1/8th second so you can't really expect anything else. Not very good for promotion IMO.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 16:28   #7
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
Looks good, I think. Pity that none of the indoor pictures are sharp enough to see the details. Your Kodak is using 1/8th second so you can't really expect anything else. Not very good for promotion IMO.
Derek, when the promotions really kick in, everything will be powder coated and shot in detail.. This is the what I am capable with in the photography department, as I am a one man show.. I dont know enough about the camera to know if there is a shutter setting. LOL

This information and pictures are really for the guys that are on the waiting list, so they have an easy place to look at the basics.. If the second run actually continues, and the interested retailers kick in, then I will invest the money on the flashy photography and magazine promotions... Hell, I just came up with a name for the company, if it should become one, yesterday.. Unique Suspension Solutions.

Flush Mount Glass
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 19:18   #8
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

Ok here is an announcement.. I have had too many people asking me what is going on, and why I am working on these Early Model Volvo Components, so here it is.. This is the reason for the components I am working on...

As you all know I have moved forward with the front suspension kits, and they
are on the Market now.. The interest has been high, and the interested have
stepped up for purchase. We have a few Major Volvo Parts Dealer's (You may be
Surprised Who) that have picked up the suspension lines. The rear kits will be
available in about the next 30-60 days, I will post info and picks later.

There has been alot of interest in other products that we are working on, and if
the same interest is there, I will put them on the market also. I would also
like to know what else you guys may like to have available.. I am not looking to
do reproduction parts, I am looking for updated parts or features.

Here is what we are working on at this time.

UNIQUE SUSPENSION SOLUTIONS Will Offer...

Front Suspension kit: is done, and on the Market

Rear Suspension kit: will be on the market shortly, and will include 3
variations.

First: A rear Coil over conversion kit, that will bolt to the Volvo Body and
rear end, and it remove the original Coil Springs and shocks.. This kit will
give you more ride dampening control, along with ride height control. It will
also eliminate the typical rear suspension sag.

Second: A complete new Rear End Assembly.. This is a Mod Light Ford 9in rear
end that is a direct bolt in.. It can use the factory coil spring and shocks,
but will give Gear Ratio Options, Traction Options, Brake Options, and be alot
more durable with plenty of parts support.

Third: A bundle of both packages for the best of durability and Adjustability.
The coil over kit is made to work with both the Original Volvo Rear end and the
New Design rear end we will offer.

CLASSIC AUTO GLASS INNOVATIONS Will Offer....

This company will be offering Flush Mount Windshields and Back Glass's. These
kits will remove the need for the Rubber seal that leaks and causes rust out.
Plus it gives the car alot cleaner look, with less bulk from the rubber.

SWEDISH SKUNK WERKS Will Offer....

This is a new company that is working on new products on several fronts..
Swedish Skunk Werks will be offering Restorations and Restored Vehicles for
sale. These vehicles are not Original, they will only be built with the
products stated above and below. We will have two levels of car:

A Resto-Mod version.. This car will appear original in appearance parked or
going down the road. However, it will not be original in
drivetrain/Suspension/Comforts. They will be a General Motors LS Series Based 350 Fuel Injected Horsepower with a Performanced Based and Durable 5-Speed,
and higher fuel economy than the original Volvo Platform.

A Pro-Touring Version.. This car will appear to be a bit different, with some
slight body mod's and clean ups. Flush Mount Glass Kits, A General Motors LS6 Series Engine at 500+ Managable (Daily Driver and Economic)
Horsepower, A performance Based and Durable 5-Speed, the best of the Adjustable Suspension and Large 14 inch brakes all
the way around. They will only come in certain colors with certain badgework.
They will have some Unique Options in Performance and Comfort, that the
Resto-Mod version will not offer.

SWEDISH SKUNK WERKS is working on these items as we speak..

A working direct bolt in AC/Heat unit.. Swedish Skunk Werks has joined with
Vintage Air to offer a quality package. This unit will be compact and more
efficient than the original add on.. If you are running the original motor, it
will take less effort to operate it.

New Updated Gauges. These guages will now be electronic, but they will be a
direct replacement to the original. The speedo will use a GPS signal, so there
will be no need for calibrations for tires, gears, ect. They will be original
in appearance, but we will also offer some classic Resto-Mod look guages as an
alternative.

Direct Bolt Power Windows.. These kits will eliminate the cable regulators that
the cars currently have, and replace it with a quality power window regulator.

New Interior Panels... We will have direct replacement door panels and other
interior panels.. These will be retro, but they will be updated in materials and
appearance. They will also offer the Power Window option and the standard crank
option. Also working on direct replacment seats with Headrest.

So there is what is in the works, and just like the Suspension Kits and other
products I have done for other vehicles, these products will happen for my
builds.. Now the only thing is, is there enough interest in these products to
set them up for Mass Production? Let me know if you are interested, and do let
me know if there is something out there you would like me to see if we can get
it done..

Thanks

Robert Jackson
DIVERSIFIED AUTO GROUP
Unique Suspension Solutions
Swedish Skunk Werks
580-263-0454

Flush Mount Glass
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 22:13   #9
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

This is an update to the rear end supplimental kit, that will work perfectly with the already posted Direct Bolt in Front Crossmember/Suspension kits for the P1800/Amazon's. I will post some more pictures of the brake set up, and install as I get the details ready.. I have had alot of people ask, and I just wanted to try to show the quality that is going into this stuff, for the people who are on my waiting list and or Purchased the front end kits..

Here are some pictures of the first round of the Rear End works.. It is a very
solid and heavy duty housing, but weighs less than 80 pounds minus the gear
set.. It looks larger, but the actual pumpkin housing is about an inch bigger,
which translates to a 1/2 lower clearance position...

I am still working on the final mounting plates, but this will give you the idea
of the quality that is going into it... It will accept the General motors
Calipers with the Emergency Brake feature with a 11 inch brake rotor...

These rears are also the largeer 31 spline quick change axles, and the gear set
will offer any gear ratio and traction option you could need.

Flush Mount Glass
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 01:26   #10
LC Smith

Default Front Supension kit, East Coast

ALL Righty then! Looks like a darling application of the ol' rack and pinion. I've got mine down to the bushings now, needs the 40 year rebuild. Are your products for the 1800es available around the Baltimore/Pittsburgh/Philly area? And, in round figures, what does a copy of this Wizardry cost? Thanks-
Bruce
LC Smith is offline   Reply With Quote