Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

BLIS service Required - new XC60

Views : 19143

Replies : 47

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 1st, 2011, 09:26   #1
exasperated

Default BLIS service Required - new XC60

I picked up my new XC60 on Saturday. 4 days later the warning triangle popped up and said Blis service needed. Great. I found a post about this on the C30 boards.... Am I the first to have this problem on an XC60? I notice someone said that there's a technical bulletin about this and the dealers know about it - whole thing needs to be changed apparently -Why didn't they change this before I picked it up if they knew it was an issue?

Anyone know anything mroe about this?
exasperated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 13:11   #2
XC60MY12
Country Member

Does the BLIS actually work correctly? If so it could be a glitch. I had a Service Required message about the alarm for many weeks, even though the alarm worked perfectly. Having spoken to the dealer, we agreed to leave it until the QAI. When taking the car in for that today, I noticed the warning was no longer there. It could have disappeared days ago as I don't recall seeing it for a while.

Suggest you speak to the dealer first.
XC60MY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 13:29   #3
tayandre

My BLIS also worked perfectly with the warning message. However, both mirrors required changing which was fortunately was covered by warranty - someone on the C30 section told me they retail at the guts of £1000 each! So get it looked at ASAP.
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 13:45   #4
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exasperated View Post
I picked up my new XC60 on Saturday. 4 days later the warning triangle popped up and said Blis service needed. Great. I found a post about this on the C30 boards.... Am I the first to have this problem on an XC60? I notice someone said that there's a technical bulletin about this and the dealers know about it - whole thing needs to be changed apparently -Why didn't they change this before I picked it up if they knew it was an issue?

Anyone know anything mroe about this?
This warning has popped up twice in the last month (after it's 3 month QAI) on my 4 month old model which self fixed by "stopping/restarting" the car.
I will monitor it & if it keeps on reaccouring I will book it in for a fix.
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 13:57   #5
XC60MY12
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayandre View Post
My BLIS also worked perfectly with the warning message. However, both mirrors required changing which was fortunately was covered by warranty - someone on the C30 section told me they retail at the guts of £1000 each! So get it looked at ASAP.
Just as well they fold in when parking, perhaps at that price they should retract.

Last edited by XC60MY12; Dec 1st, 2011 at 13:58. Reason: Afterthought
XC60MY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 17:28   #6
exasperated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayandre View Post
tayandre - why did your mirrors need replacing - was it just the recurrence of the warning? Did the warning stay on the car (mine has disappeared now I've turned the engine off) and did they find a fault code in diagnostics, do you know?

I've also got a problem with my boot - it only closed to half way this afternoon.
exasperated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 17:35   #7
tayandre

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
This warning has popped up twice in the last month (after it's 3 month QAI) on my 4 month old model which self fixed by "stopping/restarting" the car.
I will monitor it & if it keeps on reaccouring I will book it in for a fix.
I recommend you get it looked at regardless. The warning came up in mine a handful of times in a year. I thought it was a glitch and mentioned it in passing to the dealer while in for other work. At most I thought I'd get a no fault found response so I was surprised when I was told both mirrors needed changed.

If I hadn't mentioned it I don't think they would have changed. I got the impression they only changed because I reported. My car had been in for servicing shortly before and it wasn't picked by during routine servicing, suggesting the TSB only applies if a fault is reported and not actively checked. Call me synical but given the cost of replacements I'm not surprised.
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 20:56   #8
chapi

Hi,

My V70 is the same.

The car is 3 weeks old, has had a new near side mirror and a new fuel tank/sender (after being towed off motorway) and on the way home after collecting it now has the BLIS service on the drivers side!

Chapi
chapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 22:23   #9
Rich17

We had this message appear on ours a few times. Fortunately the last time was when Dove's were road testing it. Apparently there is a technical advisory about the heater wires for the camera lens being too thin.

I don't know if that means if the wires break, or they're unable to prevent the camera from fogging up.
Rich17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 22:39   #10
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapi View Post
Hi,

My V70 is the same.

The car is 3 weeks old, has had a new near side mirror and a new fuel tank/sender (after being towed off motorway) and on the way home after collecting it now has the BLIS service on the drivers side!

Chapi
Hi

Volvo Assistance are pretty efficient though?

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote