Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo on call (and other question)

Views : 10488

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 5th, 2012, 10:12   #1
iwanders

Default Volvo on call (and other question)

Picked up my XC60 at the weekend, so far very pleased apart from the whistling / wind noise. Also have a couple of other issues / question.

I have Volvo On Call, but it doesn’t seem to initialise / activate. The dealer gave me a bit of paper with a code on it (but I think he had already entered that), and told me to go into the My Car – On call menu, and select either (can’t remember exact name) initialise or activate, I do that, and I think a message about acquiring position briefly flashers up, and then something like “loading configuration”. It stays like that for about 5 mins, and then goes to something like “configuration failed”. I have done this several times, but same every time. I have let the dealer know, and am awaiting a response, but anyone had anything similar, or any ideas.

Is there anywhere on the car that gives a build date. I ordered the car beginning of Jan, and dealer said it would be “in” the middle of Feb, but there is an entry in the service book for the “delivery” service that says it was done on the 27th Jan. With the long lead time length mentioned, it would seem that my car was at the dealers 2 weeks after I ordered it, so it seems that it is possible to get one quickly (assuming that I somehow didn’t get a car that they had on the forecourt already, which seems unlikely as it would have had to have been the same colour, spec, and with the options that I wanted).
iwanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 13:23   #2
simonjedrake
Premier Member

I would expect this issue will be that you are trying to Register with VOC before the dealer has gone oline to activate your account.
Try again tomorrow.
Another way to find out if it activated could be via the iPhone app which gives you step by step instructions how to set up your VOC account.
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 14:02   #3
iwanders

Thanks, I will try again tonight, and also with the app. As I say, I have spoken to the dealer, and he said he was going to speak to the service dept. As I say, he did gave me a bit of paper on Sat with a "code", and said that he had already done that bit.
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 14:10   #4
844PHW
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanders View Post
Is there anywhere on the car that gives a build date. I ordered the car beginning of Jan, and dealer said it would be “in” the middle of Feb, but there is an entry in the service book for the “delivery” service that says it was done on the 27th Jan. With the long lead time length mentioned, it would seem that my car was at the dealers 2 weeks after I ordered it, so it seems that it is possible to get one quickly (assuming that I somehow didn’t get a car that they had on the forecourt already, which seems unlikely as it would have had to have been the same colour, spec, and with the options that I wanted).
Perhaps "27th Jan" is a mistake and it should have been "27th Feb"?. Even so it seems a bit quick for an ordered vehicle. Perhaps the dealer already had one with your spec on the way. I'm guessing. What does the dealer say about it?
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 14:21   #5
iwanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 844PHW View Post
Perhaps "27th Jan" is a mistake and it should have been "27th Feb"?. Even so it seems a bit quick for an ordered vehicle. Perhaps the dealer already had one with your spec on the way. I'm guessing. What does the dealer say about it?
That's what I thought (re 27th Feb). He just said that he couldn't remember the exact date it arrived, and not to worry as the car "service reminder" would have been reset to my pick-up date. I ordered via Drive the Deal, and think the dealer said that this was the last of a batch that had been "ordered", and that orders after mine were looking at a 2-3 month lead time. When I put the order in on the 10th Jan, he asked when I wanted it as "his computer" was showing a delivery date of 13th Feb. I said that I wanted to wait until March as wanted a 12 plate, and he said that was fine.

Suspect there is nothing to worry about (i.e getting a car that’s older then I think), as the chances of him having the exact spec I wanted are remote, but it's just the fact that the "service" date of 27th Jan is only 2 weeks after I ordered and 2 weeks before he was meant to have received it.
Old Mar 7th, 2012, 12:18   #6
iwanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
I would expect this issue will be that you are trying to Register with VOC before the dealer has gone oline to activate your account.
Try again tomorrow.
Another way to find out if it activated could be via the iPhone app which gives you step by step instructions how to set up your VOC account.
Still not activating. Dealer got back to me, saying that they hadn't come across it before, and to get it booked in for a dealer to look at. I already have a booking for next week to look at the wind noise, so I have also informed them about this.

I tried the iPhone app, but that want's your Volvo On Call PIN which I assume you set up on your 1st call to Volvo On Call once you have activated it in the car, so that was a no-go.
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 14:39   #7
andyb5

Hi, I picked up a new XC90 last week and I am having exactly the same problem with Volvo On Call. I get a message saying "loading configuration" and after about 5mins I get an error message saying "Temporary No Service". Took car back to dealer today but with no luck as they don't understand what is going on with the system. Like you I can't make my first call to get my PIN etc. I would love to know how you get on with this issue. I am awaiting a call back from the my dealer later today with an update...
andyb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 15:21   #8
iwanders

Um, sounds like mine, but mine goes to something like "Could not load configuration..." after the 5 mins.

Going into the dealer next Wed, I will let you know how I get on, but post an update if you get anywhere before.
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 15:23   #9
iwanders

Anyone know where the "On Call" module / hardware is. It's supposed to have a SIM in, so wonder if they haven't been fitted / are in the wrong way / are faulty.
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 10:04   #10
844PHW
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanders View Post
Anyone know where the "On Call" module / hardware is. It's supposed to have a SIM in, so wonder if they haven't been fitted / are in the wrong way / are faulty.
Topic "Built-in Phone" in the user manual reveals all. In the pdf version just search for "sim card".