Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2009 xc60 replacement daytime running light

Views : 6101

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 25th, 2014, 09:55   #1
Ross5080

Default 2009 xc60 replacement daytime running light

Hi to everyone, i hooe someone can help me please. I have purchased a 2009 volvo xc60 but one of the daytime running lights(led strip on driverside nearest the grill) is cracked & not working so i need to replace the whole unit. Would anyone have any idea what steps i need to take e.g remove front bumber etc etc. Please help.
Ross5080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2014, 17:29   #2
Brodick
Master Member

Sorry can't help with the query but the lights you mention are actually the parking lights. thought they do stay on with the main lights during normal running lights.

Sure someone will have the answer
Brodick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2014, 18:45   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

you can JUST get it out by removing the row of clips for the top of the bumper cover ,
( press the centres of the clips in ) and the lamp is held by a screw on top , ease the bumper cover away and ease the light out by twisting and pulling a bit .
Old May 26th, 2014, 07:47   #4
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross5080 View Post
Hi to everyone, i hooe someone can help me please. I have purchased a 2009 volvo xc60 but one of the daytime running lights(led strip on driverside nearest the grill) is cracked & not working so i need to replace the whole unit. Would anyone have any idea what steps i need to take e.g remove front bumber etc etc. Please help.
There is a side marker light in the main headlight unit that is wired in series with the LED strip and when this bulb fails the LED appears to have failed - I suggest you replacing that first. If the LED didn't switch off you would never notice that the bulb had failed

BTW the LED strip is not a DRL, your DRLs are the dipped headlight beam.
Old May 26th, 2014, 18:29   #5
Ross5080

Thanks but the side marker bulb is working. The cause of my problem is that the lens of the park light(led) is cracked and has condensation so I reckon I need a new unit so hopefully will be able to get it out without too much trouble.
Old May 26th, 2014, 18:54   #6
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross5080 View Post
Thanks but the side marker bulb is working. The cause of my problem is that the lens of the park light(led) is cracked and has condensation so I reckon I need a new unit so hopefully will be able to get it out without too much trouble.
If the side marker bulb is working then the LED must also be working since they are wired in series, when one stops working the other also stops working.

Compare the two sides of the car and you should notice that on the side with the working LED there is also an orange bulb working - that is the one to replace on the side that has failed.
Old May 27th, 2014, 10:45   #7
Ross5080

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
If the side marker bulb is working then the LED must also be working since they are wired in series, when one stops working the other also stops working.

Compare the two sides of the car and you should notice that on the side with the working LED there is also an orange bulb working - that is the one to replace on the side that has failed.
Well I can confirm that both side marker lights are working perfectly but the driver side parking light(led) is not as stated in earlier post so I reckon it's condensation as the lens is cracked so will just have to replace it with a new unit. I can get one new for €66 to the door.
Old May 27th, 2014, 19:32   #8
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Please let us know how you get on
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 21:31   #9
Ross5080

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
Please let us know how you get on
Hi regarding my dilemma with my parking light. All sorted today. Very easy to replace all you need to do is to remove the headlight and then remove screws from the top of the grill, one of these screws holds the led light in place. With headlight removed you have full access to the side of the led and all you need to do is th disconnect the electrical connector and you can flex the grill down to manoeuvre the new led(parking light)into place. The only problem now is that one of the LED,s is a lot whiter than the old one. Just to let you know Volvo Ireland wanted €120 + fitting, I purchased the led for €60 incl p&p from mister auto.ie Thanks for all of your help and comments.
Old Sep 8th, 2023, 10:13   #10
Garth124

Big thanks for all the help guys much appreciated!!
Garth124 is offline   Reply With Quote