Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Front park assist

Views : 2547

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 25th, 2016, 14:41   #1
Keeno

Default Front park assist

sorry if this is a stupid question but the sales guy didnt have a clue...with the Inscription spec do you get visual park assist for front and rear as standard? Or do you need to order the Park pilot to get front park assist? thanks.
Keeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2016, 16:49   #2
basoom

Hi

None of the Xc90 models come with standered front parking sensors (of any sort) and all come with standered rear sensors.
Hope this helps.

Basoom
basoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2016, 19:22   #3
familymangreg
Premier Member

Seems on odd decision on Volvo's part, to furnish even the base models with such a good specification but then to omit front parking sensors, particularly on such a big car.

I know that you get front sensors with the Xenium pack, but within that pack I don't know if they are part of 'Parking Camera 360 Surround View' or 'Park Assist Pilot - Automatic Parallel and 90 Parking (includes Front and Rear Park Assist)'. I suspect its the Park Assist Pilot, and sensors is what 'Font and Rear Park Assist' is.

Also, not great that your dealer can't answer the question! Its fine not to know, but then not to go and find out and come back to you is pretty poor!

:wq
familymangreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2016, 16:35   #4
Keeno

ok thanks guys, glad I asked then, as not having front sensors would be a big error on a car of this size, every 4x4 I've had for the last 20 years has had at least front and rear sensors (later ones rear camera's etc). It reminds me of those aftermarket sensors you got in the 1980's!!
ok so that's definitely the Xenium pack then. which isn't the end of the world as I was speccing a sunroof anyway, and the 360 camera makes a lot of sense. Price is blimin creeping up... !
Old Apr 26th, 2016, 16:40   #5
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeno View Post
ok thanks guys, glad I asked then, as not having front sensors would be a big error on a car of this size, every 4x4 I've had for the last 20 years has had at least front and rear sensors (later ones rear camera's etc). It reminds me of those aftermarket sensors you got in the 1980's!!
ok so that's definitely the Xenium pack then. which isn't the end of the world as I was speccing a sunroof anyway, and the 360 camera makes a lot of sense. Price is blimin creeping up... !
Funny, an online ad for a base spec Polo caught my eye earlier, 'front and rear park sensors'!!! Volvo aren't too bad really, but it does annoy me when you see options on so called premium cars that are standard features on much much cheaper cars... DAB has been a fine example in recent years!

familymangreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2016, 18:08   #6
AB-UK
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
Funny, an online ad for a base spec Polo caught my eye earlier, 'front and rear park sensors'!!! Volvo aren't too bad really, but it does annoy me when you see options on so called premium cars that are standard features on much much cheaper cars... DAB has been a fine example in recent years!

I quite agree. Why aren't mudflaps a standard item too?
Also, a subwoofer used to be part of the "Premium Sound System" but it isn't now.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2016, 08:31   #7
Schnorbitz

There does appear to be blank holes for at least two sensors on the front bumper. Strange addition if they don't intend offering them. Maybe their omission is a UK market only anomaly.
Old May 13th, 2016, 13:28   #8
JPR1

I agree, could not believe what I paid for the car and how big it is with no front park.
Luckily they can fit at dealers so just had the Park Assist fitted last week
Old May 13th, 2016, 13:36   #9
nickd

Maybe they will be included in the MY17 spec. I spoke to the Dealer yesterday who said the new brochures would be in soon for the revised specs!
nickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2016, 13:40   #10
Keeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR1 View Post
I agree, could not believe what I paid for the car and how big it is with no front park.
Luckily they can fit at dealers so just had the Park Assist fitted last week
Do you mind saying what it cost? And it integrates well?