Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 RTI/Speed Cameras.

Views : 47388

Replies : 136

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 24th, 2011, 16:24   #31
r-designbob
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
Yes

You have to enable 'Facilities Warning' to get it. You may also have noticed that the camera sign on the screen is orange is you are travelling faster than the camera setting.
Thanks, Yes did notice the camera on screen. They're all over the place in London aren't they.
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 17:31   #32
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
UPDATE
Just tested it out - as I was approaching a local fixed speed camera site I was alerted by an audible alarm so it appears to work. But as I turned arround & went back the audible alarm did not sound again - prehaps some built in option NOT to repeat the same camaera warning within a pre-termined time period?
Installation Tips.
1. Provided you have copied both the above files, then leave the "Icon" option blank on the senus installation routine.
2. You have the option of assigning one of four different sounds options - unfortuantly you do not have an option to listen 1st - but you can change it latter- see 3 below.
3. After installation you can "edit" the options or "delete" the whole file from the initial installation menu.
4. The pocketgpsworld download file can contain 2 databases if you ALSO selected the "include pMobile Files" - in which case just copy the 4 relevant files (.gpx & .bmp) to the USB. You will need to install each database individually.
5. If you find the Senus "Import POI's" option does NOT show your files, then try another type of USB stick - I found that the 1st one I used was not recognised.
Quote:
But as I turned arround & went back the audible alarm did not sound again
But was there a camera on that side of the road?

Have you figured out how to use the distribution database for an update of the cameras? Do you have to delete the previous install first?

The benefit of this system is that you should always have an uptodate speed camera list.

Final question is it an European database?

Cheers
Jim
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 23:03   #33
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbg View Post
But was there a camera on that side of the road?

Have you figured out how to use the distribution database for an update of the cameras? Do you have to delete the previous install first?

The benefit of this system is that you should always have an uptodate speed camera list.

Final question is it an European database?

Cheers
Jim
Jim
1st question - Yes, it was a fixed camera covering both sides of the road. Maybe the database file has a "directional" facility built in that thinks this camera is only looking one way. I shall be going on some longer runs this week to run the car in properly so I shall experiment - assuming Wales has camera's.....!!!
2nd question - The logical way is to "delete" the old database rather than over-rite the older one. The deletion function is very easy & quick.
3rd question - No, it's only UK because we are imperial mph v Europe in kph. But you can also download & import the European database at the same time in it's own seperate file.
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 23:26   #34
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
UPDATE
Installation Tips.
1. Provided you have copied both the above files, then leave the "Icon" option blank on the senus installation routine.
2. You have the option of assigning one of four different sounds options - unfortuantly you do not have an option to listen 1st - but you can change it latter- see 3 below.
3. After installation you can "edit" the options or "delete" the whole file from the initial installation menu.
4. The pocketgpsworld download file can contain 2 databases if you ALSO selected the "include pMobile Files" - in which case just copy the 4 relevant files (.gpx & .bmp) to the USB. You will need to install each database individually.
5. If you find the Senus "Import POI's" option does NOT show your files, then try another type of USB stick - I found that the 1st one I used was not recognised.
I attach some photo's I took whilst installing the above.
Two more comments I would make.
1. If the "Import POI's" words are dull then it means that either the USB is not being recognised by the Senus or the files are not in the expected format.
2. Having got it to recognise the USB & files, you will need to rotate the Tune button so you can select which file you would like to import as per my screen shot No 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03052.JPG (140.1 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03056.JPG (131.3 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03057.JPG (133.8 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03058.JPG (126.9 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03059.JPG (132.1 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03060.JPG (130.3 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03062.JPG (138.4 KB, 159 views)
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 14:20   #35
jmills01

Quote:
Jim
1st question - Yes, it was a fixed camera covering both sides of the road. Maybe the database file has a "directional" facility built in that thinks this camera is only looking one way. I shall be going on some longer runs this week to run the car in properly so I shall experiment - assuming Wales has camera's.....!!!
I've subscribed to PocketGPSWorld's camera DB for some time which I've always previously loaded into my TomTom. The camera locations are directional so if it only looks one way you didn't get a warning when travelling the other way.

(Incidentally, in TomTom, you could turn this off such that you got a warning whenever you got within XX yards/metres of a camera regardless of direction. I enabled this as there were a few occasions on which I think the cameras were recorded as uni-directional but had in fact been turned around!)

Now if only I could get my Sensus system to actually have the "import POI" option on the menu, I'd be fine. I'm hoping to send it into the dealer for a software update to fix various Sensus and Bluetooth issues along with a string of other gripes. Bloomin' hope they can sort this before I go on hols to France in a few weeks...
jmills01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 14:27   #36
jimbg
Master Member

I see what you mean, the information is still held on the hard drive with the same file names, so you can delete and reload the new version.

It all looks too good to be true!!

Old Jul 25th, 2011, 14:38   #37
jmills01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbg View Post
I see what you mean, the information is still held on the hard drive with the same file names, so you can delete and reload the new version.

It all looks too good to be true!!

It is too good to be true for me as I don't have the blinking menu option yet!
jmills01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 14:49   #38
jimbg
Master Member

Oh Dear!! Well neither do I as I am still waiting for the blinking car!!
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 16:44   #39
mikealder
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills01 View Post
I've subscribed to PocketGPSWorld's camera DB for some time which I've always previously loaded into my TomTom.
For the record, the PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera database does indeed contain directional information BUT this additional directional data is ONLY supplied where the target device it is intended to work with supports such a feature I-Go is one format that does offer directional support but not many do.

The gpx format used for the Volvo built in system from PGPSW does not contain any directional data.

The TomTom format PGPSW database doesn't contain any directional data as their devices do not support directional based POI warnings - Mike
mikealder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 17:41   #40
mike72uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by scw View Post
There's an option on the Sensus Satnav to import additional POIs from USB or disk: Settings->Import/edit MyPOI

No idea what format it expects, let alone what the filename should be.
SCW, I had a look today on my MY11.5 (took delivery 27th May) ans mine does not appear to have that option under Nav/Settings.....is it possible to check the version of the sensus software so that I coudl compare? Have you perhaps had the Sensus version updated? and if so, how did you achieve this.? I'm desperate to add back functionality that was on MY10 and earlier cars !

MY2011.5 XC60 D5 (205) AWD SE LUX Premium Inscription Silver (Driver Support, Family Pack, Active Four-C, Premium Audio + Sub, Digital TV, Heated Front Seats, Front Park Assist, Rear Park Cam, Front Blind Cam, Dark Tinted Windows, Styling Pk)
mike72uk is offline   Reply With Quote