PDA

View Full Version : Android phone talking Bluetooth

Aidan Bell
Aug 26th, 2010, 21:08
I'm about to purchase a Dell Streak phone, running on Android. But I'm a little concerned that the phone does not appear on Volvo's list of devices tested ( [url]http://www.volvocars.com/intl/sales-services/sales/car-devices/bluetooth/pages/default.aspx ) and therefore worried that I might find it doesn't speak to my XC60 at all. Does anyone have any experience with connecting the Streak to their car, or indeed any other Android phone?

dj898
Aug 27th, 2010, 00:42
I can't say for sure obviously but as long as that phone support full BT specification it should work. Even Apple's half cooked BT on iPhone works with XC60 as the handfree phone.

Still best bet would be wait till you hear from first hand experience before purchasing the phone~

Aidan Bell
Aug 27th, 2010, 10:23
Thanks. I'll probably be getting the new phone early next month, so in the meantime if there are any users with experience of Android, especially negative, it would be great to hear them.

Paul Wildsmith
Aug 27th, 2010, 10:57
my sons new Samsung Galaxy S connects no problem in my S80

wimorrison
Aug 27th, 2010, 11:33
The HTC androids all connect perfectly with the XC60 - can't answer for Dell though - I thought that they sold PCs not phones ;)

Teejay1
Aug 27th, 2010, 11:38
I'm about to purchase a Dell Streak phone, running on Android. But I'm a little concerned that the phone does not appear on Volvo's list of devices tested ( [url]http://www.volvocars.com/intl/sales-services/sales/car-devices/bluetooth/pages/default.aspx ) and therefore worried that I might find it doesn't speak to my XC60 at all. Does anyone have any experience with connecting the Streak to their car, or indeed any other Android phone?

Can't speak of BT specifically but lots of friends have Android and the all thiink its the dogs.

The Streak is a big phone to hold to your ear. :cellphone: Would be great as an Google SatNav.

maigrait
Aug 27th, 2010, 12:10
My HTC hero which is android 2.1 connects fine... Not a problem whatsoever...

Aidan Bell
Aug 27th, 2010, 13:16
The HTC androids all connect perfectly with the XC60
Good to know, thanks.

can't answer for Dell though - I thought that they sold PCs not phones ;)
Lol. The Streak is Dell's first phone.

andy_d
Aug 27th, 2010, 14:00
after the experiances ive had with various del computers + laptops over the years, customers wonder why i double the quotation when they meantion "oh we have some dell's we like looked at as well". the increase in price is to buy them a Decent pc to replace.

as for mobiles, HTC all the way , every day, you dont need customer support as they just Work, do what they say on the tin and keep doing it.

Aidan Bell
Aug 27th, 2010, 14:33
Ah, you see, every customer has a different experience. I've known two Dell PCs and three laptops over the last few years, all of which have served very well. And the reason I'm changing my phone now ... I find my HTC far too lethargic and pedantic (though I admit that may be largely because it's running Windows mobile!)

mjltigger
Aug 27th, 2010, 15:06
Ah, you see, every customer has a different experience. I've known two Dell PCs and three laptops over the last few years, all of which have served very well. And the reason I'm changing my phone now ... I find my HTC far too lethargic and pedantic (though I admit that may be largely because it's running Windows mobile!)

Windows mobile is the problem. My desire on Android is the best smart phone I've ever had by far!