PDA

View Full Version : Breaking 480 turbo auto

j8tro
Feb 7th, 2011, 20:44
Hi

I'm based in Dudley, I will be braking this car shortly all parts available except engine, ecu's. Come get what you want, I'm not sure what parts are worth so let me know? The car will be taken by the scrap man in approx 2 months. Will consider offers for the whole car.

Car is grey with sunroof. let me know if you need additional info.

Thanks

James

captainslow
Feb 8th, 2011, 09:52
What year/reg is the car? Would you consider posting small items?

If its the correct year I'm interested in the left front foglight. Also for any year the positive battery lead (my clamp has a crack/fracture)

Roge1
Feb 8th, 2011, 20:54
Hey there,

Don't suppose there is a front spoiler fitted? If so would you be willing to remove and send via courier?

Many thanks

Roge1

j8tro
Feb 9th, 2011, 12:23
I pick the car up tonight so will check the above and get back to you. The car is 1991 in grey. I'll try and get some pictures.

jakobandhismakarov
Feb 10th, 2011, 00:28
Daft question - what's the driver's door like? It looks like 311 Lavendal Metallic.

Also:

Do you have the rear plastic Volvo dealer mats? Is there a plastic boot liner? What are the rear light clusters like?

j8tro
Feb 10th, 2011, 10:06
ill have a look for you tonight mate.

Roge1
Feb 10th, 2011, 12:26
If no luck I may be able to help you out with the rear plastic mats - fronts too if you want them! Good condition, but could do with a quick scrub!!

Let me know

Roge1

jakobandhismakarov
Feb 10th, 2011, 13:01
If no luck I may be able to help you out with the rear plastic mats - fronts too if you want them! Good condition, but could do with a quick scrub!!

Let me know

Roge1

Would be keen on the plastic mat set Roge - what money are you thinking?

Jon.

Roge1
Feb 10th, 2011, 19:54
Hey there,

Will need to speak to the kind folks at the local post office, and see what the cost for shipping would be. Whereabouts are you based?

Rgds

Roge1:thumbs_up:

j8tro
Feb 11th, 2011, 16:16
I still need to check for the mats, but the rear lights are in very good condition, the drivers door has bubbled along the bottom edge and is rusted through on the bottom leading edge.

j8tro
Feb 11th, 2011, 16:17
Hey there,

Don't suppose there is a front spoiler fitted? If so would you be willing to remove and send via courier?

Many thanks

Roge1

Front splitter has a large section missing unfortunately

daveo2002
Feb 12th, 2011, 23:00
Hi,

Any chance you would post the seat belt guide and roller (the bits that clip to the seat belt arm) across town to Solihull?

Also the coolant resevoir cap?

How much would you want for them?

David

j8tro
Feb 14th, 2011, 17:06
Update to all, it has mats front and back but not in the boot. All in good condition, rubber bottomed with carpet inset.

Rear lights are in good condition without the plastic pieces added.

The bits for the guy in solihull, i work in Henley in arden, so can drop them off or collect if you want

Please make me offers on all parts, i dont know what they are worth and dont want to rip anyone off.

The engine will be out in the next couple of weeks, i'll be driving the car to my local garage to do this so will remove any important parts once it is there. i.e. lights and coolant caps.

Oh and i'll gladly post small items.

daveo2002
Feb 14th, 2011, 18:23
Thanks, that sounds good. I can't pm here but email should work - daveo98@tiscali.co.uk

j8tro
Feb 15th, 2011, 10:56
jakobandhismakarov

I cant reply to your PM due to my post count not being 30+.

Regarding the rear lights, i dont know what they are worth, but have had a look on ebay. I cant beleive what some people are asking for parts! £24.99 plus postage for 1 fog light............

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-480ES-PASSENGER-SIDE-REAR-FOG-LIGHT-UNIT-H-REG-91-/260724221261?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb45fe54d

I know people on here are only trying to look after their cars, if i'm honest i'm a renault enthusiast through and through and love the comunity spirit. Therefore both rear lights, plus the lock surround i'll do for £35

Collection would be easier for me, but if i need to post i can do for the price of the postage.

Let me know.

James

j8tro
Feb 15th, 2011, 11:03
Davo,

I have sent you an e-mail.

jakobandhismakarov
Feb 15th, 2011, 18:49
J8tro,

Didn't realise about the PM restriction on here. I'll take the rear lights and lock surround if they're as good as you reckon. Any chance of some pictures to mischab18a@googlemail.com please? I can come and collect if you like as well.

jakobandhismakarov
Feb 21st, 2011, 11:11
jakobandhismakarov

I cant reply to your PM due to my post count not being 30+.

Regarding the rear lights, i dont know what they are worth, but have had a look on ebay. I cant beleive what some people are asking for parts! £24.99 plus postage for 1 fog light............

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-480ES-PASSENGER-SIDE-REAR-FOG-LIGHT-UNIT-H-REG-91-/260724221261?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb45fe54d

I know people on here are only trying to look after their cars, if i'm honest i'm a renault enthusiast through and through and love the comunity spirit. Therefore both rear lights, plus the lock surround i'll do for £35

Collection would be easier for me, but if i need to post i can do for the price of the postage.

Let me know.

James

James, please can you email me about the light clusters on the above address? I'd like to buy them from you but haven't heard anything as of yet.

Thanks...!