PDA

View Full Version : breaking 440 li

padjoe
Feb 27th, 2011, 21:11
breaking my first car as shes dead, had a spark problem and i dont have the time to bring back to life
so the car has been sitting for a long time
1995 440 1.6 petrol
there is only 35000 miles on her, family car from new
blue-but body has its bad bits
it is complete just testing to see if anyone needs anything before its scraped
car is complete- just ask for what u need and ill look to see if its there
ps car is in northern ireland

j8tro
Mar 15th, 2011, 12:51
Hi, Could you please let me know what you would want for the cam including postage to Birmingham?

Thanks

James

padjoe
Mar 15th, 2011, 21:43
looked at the engine today mate im afraid i dont have the tools or time to stip the engine down that much
im no mechanic and every bit of work takes twice as long as it should
if i come across someone with tools and can give me a bit of help to strip it down i will give you a shout

sorry

j8tro
Mar 17th, 2011, 14:38
looked at the engine today mate im afraid i dont have the tools or time to stip the engine down that much
im no mechanic and every bit of work takes twice as long as it should
if i come across someone with tools and can give me a bit of help to strip it down i will give you a shout

sorry

No worries, cash waiting if you can get it. fairly simple to remove with a basic tool set.

Thanks

rachapman
Mar 18th, 2011, 19:36
I could do with the fog lights from the front of the car and the wing mirror covers. Have been looking for the lights on line. My model didn't come with any

padjoe
Mar 22nd, 2011, 13:42
only got out to see the car today
im afraid mine did not come with fogs
and it seems the passenger side mirror cover is gone already but have drivers side here

jonovlov
Mar 24th, 2011, 17:22
Hi Joe, i'm after the top alternator mount, the one that the alternator pivot bolt goes through, on the side of the block towards the top.

Provided the engines not a diesel, air con or turbo, it should be the correct one. I know its a bit much to ask, but if you could grab a pic of it either on or off the engine i can most likely deduce whether its the one I need or not.

Let me know if you can do anything.

Many thanks

Jon

PS this was meant to be a PM, however I'm new to the forum so it wont let me.

rachapman
Mar 25th, 2011, 15:20
Hello,

I'd certainly give you £2 for that drivers side mirror cover. Do you have a paypal account - let me know what the postage would be and your account and i'll send you the money.

Alex

padjoe
Mar 26th, 2011, 18:13
no problem buddy
ill get the delivery prices sorted on monday and shipped asap
gonna be away till monday celebrating new job

rachapman
Mar 29th, 2011, 18:01
congrats on the new job. just let me know the costs and your paypal account name and i'll sort send you the money and details of my address

padjoe
Mar 30th, 2011, 16:05
okay
just need ur address now
can u pm me

440anator
Mar 30th, 2011, 16:13
Hi pal, Where abouts are you in Derry? As I may be headin up there next week, an perhaps I could collect a rear bumper and a few other things?

Also mate I could help ya take ssome of the engine apart or whatever, I got some tools for that, so could help ya out aswell

padjoe
Mar 30th, 2011, 16:53
cars sittin in killea- just on the edge of border
ur more than welcome to come round
im only around certain days though so give me a shout out first, just to make sure im there :thumbs_up:

Chris_C
Apr 1st, 2011, 11:33
Could you tell me if the dash clocks have the red speedo needle going into or ocross the centre pivot please.

Not got a picture to show what I mean, but if it's a cable driven speedo ( red needle goes into the centre pivot not across it) I'd be interested in those :D

Thanks

padjoe
Apr 1st, 2011, 21:28
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5944/imag0057hv.th.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/imag0057hv.jpg/)

does this help

440anator
Apr 3rd, 2011, 21:07
sound, well are you around at the weekends or during the week?

Also if ya get a list of stuff together that your selling from the engine I could help ya get it out for you, if it means gettin a discount :P

Could you also put some pics of the car up? or if not what condition the rear doors are like :)
thanks

padjoe
Apr 3rd, 2011, 22:41
well i dont be around weekends with work and week days are split up, this week ill be about on fri
wed is a bit iffy as i have a job on and dont know how long it will take
all other days are taken up with uni and work

Chris_C
Apr 4th, 2011, 11:23
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5944/imag0057hv.th.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/imag0057hv.jpg/)

does this help

Perfect, how much would you like?

FWIW, and to make postage easier, I only need the speedo, but will happily take the full set of clocks as you have to get them out if you don't mind putting them in a box!

padjoe
Apr 4th, 2011, 20:52
if you can pm your address to get postage quote

rachapman
Apr 6th, 2011, 13:13
Sorry for delay in correspondance, i've been away,

The site is not letting me send you a PM, it says i need to have submitted 30 postings before i can so could you send me your email address and i'll forward you my address

Chris_C
Apr 6th, 2011, 16:55
Sorry for delay in correspondance, i've been away,

The site is not letting me send you a PM, it says i need to have submitted 30 postings before i can so could you send me your email address and i'll forward you my address

Fixed this for you, should be able to pm now.

Padjoe, I sent you a pm on Tues, hopefully it's made it through ;)

padjoe
Apr 7th, 2011, 18:24
nope im afraid i have no pm's yet

padjoe
Apr 7th, 2011, 22:38
heres an email: pj_enet@hotmail.com

Chris_C
Apr 12th, 2011, 21:30
Arrived yesterday, thanks!

padjoe
Apr 13th, 2011, 14:22
paypal received
pleasure
dont think ill have this car for much longer the graveyard is calling

pottypaula
Apr 13th, 2011, 16:45
Do you have the drivers side taigate strut? If so will it be expesive to post?

padjoe
Apr 14th, 2011, 11:48
yeah i have the struts
but honestly i dont think there in great condition
will check though

captainslow
Apr 14th, 2011, 12:44
Do you have the drivers side taigate strut? If so will it be expesive to post?

Why not just get a new one? or better still two-then theyll last longer because theyre not mismatched. Ive used this place in the past: http://www.cargasstruts.co.uk/car_boot_bonnet_gas_struts.php/cPath/1/products_id/573?osCsid=b2b1ecad05c6c03f15c8add383c53680
Theres also partsforvolvosonline, halfords etc etc...

triumphtoledo
Apr 14th, 2011, 22:12
Do you have the coin tray on the dash, next door to the clock?

R

padjoe
Apr 15th, 2011, 22:06
got u the coin pocket its just a small square is this correct
hope so im afraid im waving bye bye to it tommorrow
sad times

greenswissdog
Aug 20th, 2011, 16:03
Hi, Have you sold the dash clocks, would be interested if you haven't!