PDA

View Full Version : Frequent Problem solvers

volvo850t5
Sep 6th, 2002, 21:29
How about the forum organising a site all about frequent problems with volvos. For example air conditioning, where the system could be explained with diagrams, what goes wrong, what can be done etc.
I'm sure this would free up web space for more awkward or unsual and specific questions!
What you all think?

P.S.
Where is this South Wales meeting?

4 forty
Sep 7th, 2002, 19:08
here, here, what does the webmaster have to say? can it be done.

sheerwater
Sep 7th, 2002, 20:03
Seems to me that many of the problems are already on the site but I agree that some pages with the common problems would be a great idea. Often there is a simple explanation but now that the Haynes manual for my 940 is about as good as a beginners guide to changing spark plugs I am having to refer time and time again to the 740 Haynes manual for reference. I also think that a page with internet references which we could all add to might be another good idea. Cheers Nigel

Peter Milnes
Sep 8th, 2002, 00:37
I am at present trying to set up a 700/900/90 website linkable from the main club site. This will, I hope have an FAQ specific to these models. I don't know whether there are specific sites for the other model classifications but I suspect that there are. Please don't think that because I am doing it all other register keepers must.

There should be an announcement in the next issue of Driver re South Wales Section with a probable start date in the new year. I will be mass-mailing all residents of South Wales who are VOC members in the near future.

All the best, Peter.

SteveLong
Sep 11th, 2002, 10:56
I think this would be a great idea. Could I suggest that you take a look at www.jag-lovers.org who have done precisely this for Jaguar cars to great effect, it may be that what they have done could save a deal of development.

Peter Milnes
Sep 12th, 2002, 00:22
Thankyou for that helpful suggestion Stephen, I will certainly take a look soon.

All the best, Peter.