PDA

View Full Version : Put your area on your question for help!!!!!!

sheerwater
Sep 7th, 2002, 20:11
I know there are a lot of people on this site who are only to willing to offer advice but everything is so anonymous on the net. Some of the questions refer to such things as ''bump'' ''squeak'' ''funny noise on the left hand side'' etc. I am sure that if people put their town or area in their question that a lot of the people giving advice might live quite close and be willing to be disturbed for 5 minutes to lend an ear as well as advice. PS I live in Northampton.
Cheers Nigel

Peter Milnes
Sep 8th, 2002, 00:39
Seems like a good idea Nigel. I shall be on the lookout for such references.

All the best, Peter.

GorgeousGeorge
Sep 10th, 2002, 09:20
but surely we should get the archives back first, then the solution may be sourced from there !!!!!

sheerwater
Sep 12th, 2002, 17:20
Ah but its the funny questions like I have a ping, screech, thump, knock, funny feeling where you really need help. I had a steering knock. Nothing major but I thought things not 100% . Two Volvo garages said nothing was wrong. Friends in the trade thought otherwise and detailed examination under pressure resulted in a new steering column and steering rack under warranty. It was the hands on by someone who knows that helped not the description. Cheers Nigel Northampton email sheerwater@ntlworld.com

Simon Linton
Sep 13th, 2002, 08:40
it's a bit of both - sometimes a poster will have had an identical problem and thus know the answer and sometimes only a hands-on check will do the job.

It's always a source of surprise to me that Volvo garages cannot find problems that can be spotted by others; whenever this happens, let the dealer principal and Volvo UK know - enough complaints will cut the garage's bonus by tens of thousands of pounds and thus threatening to complain to Volvo will often get their attention and something done.