PDA

View Full Version : Holiday website warning.

sheerwater
Sep 12th, 2002, 17:10
Just to add some life to this forum there is a website which you need to be warned about namely www.fhr.fr (french holiday reservations)
It is not a small tinpot site but a fully fledged international one. I booked a holiday through them after checking the availability on the website. I made the holiday booking by telephone. I obeyed all the rules. I offered credit card payment for the whole holiday as per the advised terms and conditions. They then changed the rules and demanded cash by bankers draught. No way , not on a holiday. They refused to cancel and have just helped themselves to £110 from my credit card.
I know what to do to get my cash back but to be honest its a pain in the butt. Be warned !!!!Cheers Nigel
PS they are still advertising availability on hotels for the same dates I was refused at certain hotels(all booked up sir) Con merchants or what.

Mav_UK
Sep 12th, 2002, 18:24
How'd the hell do they have the cheek for that! Demanding payment by bankers draught, then taking the credit card when you refused! Can you report to anyone what they are doing, or does it not count as it's in france?

Good luck getting the money back,

Stu

Treganna
Sep 12th, 2002, 22:20
Contact your local Trading Standards people to see if anyone else has had the same problem. They might also be able to tell you the French equivalent of Trading Standards in France too.

sheerwater
Sep 13th, 2002, 08:57
Great idea being in Europe isnt it!!! Credit card company informed and I am reliably told that Visa will refund money plus fine company £35 for creating the dispute!!! Interestingly enough it was the fact that I did pay by credit card that gives me the guarantee. Imagine if I had paid by switch/delta/bank draught!!!! Cheers Nigel

mike s
Sep 17th, 2002, 01:41
"Thats why we hate the French...............!"