PDA

View Full Version : Me praise something!!!!

sheerwater
Sep 27th, 2002, 01:25
Popping into Daventry the other day I was amased to see sensible car parks. Well thought out, FREE and they even had a traffic warden. Why?
Because some blocks were for a max of 30 minutes whilst others were for three hours. The traffic warden was there to catch those exploiting the 30 minute slots, i.e. those who want to park all day denying the pop into the newspaper shop for the fag the quick,easy park. They even had help buttons with speakers in each block if you required info or help. Contrary to this Northamptons policy of hiring an army of 40 wardens to book anything and everyone on a quota system reeks of empire building. Be warned if you park with one wheel touching a white line its a ticket as many of my friends will tell you. In one case the driver was directed into spaces by an attendant along with other cars. 5 minutes later along came the warden and booked the lot as they all had tyres just ouching the white lines. Ho Hum. Cheers Nigel

Dave M
Sep 27th, 2002, 09:44
Now there's something...could you not manage to get the attendant to valet you car whilst you go shopping too??:-)

Just kidding...

Regards
Dave M

sheerwater
Sep 28th, 2002, 22:47
They do in Northampton. In the rush for cash and to ensure that the motorist who wants to park legally the council have let a large area in one of the car parks to a valetting company!!! It will soon be a case of ''forget finding a parking space there aren't any'' Unless of course you want a valet!!! Cheers Nigel