PDA

View Full Version : PART NUMBER CATALOGUE

sheerwater
Oct 8th, 2002, 17:17
Not sure if this site gives the right spec and numbers for Volvo parts but its worth a look. Site is www.oconnellusedvolvos.com/parts.html

Cheers Nigel

GorgeousGeorge
Oct 9th, 2002, 09:35
nigel

nice site but not alot of x40 stuff :(

scott

sheerwater
Oct 11th, 2002, 10:58
Its the only site Ive found so far that gives real numbers at all for some Volvos!!!! Why Volvo is so secrative about the parts numbers I dont know but it would make life a lot easier if they gave us a clue before we walked into a dealer and had to describe something to somebody who last worked at Tescos!!!! Cheers Nigel

Simon Linton
Oct 12th, 2002, 07:12
From what I could see this looks excellent, but a parts guy at Speeds in West Bridgford told me some time back that Ford will be changing all the Volvo part numbers to rationalise with the Ford ones.

We shall see whether that means all change at the dealers - any experience of this, anyone?

sheerwater
Oct 12th, 2002, 11:01
Could be as I understand that a common or garden Ford ashtray is fitted to the Aston Martins!!! Cheers Nigel

pettaw
Oct 13th, 2002, 11:41
That's interesting! I bet that you would pay three times more for the same part at an Aston dealer compared to a Ford one though!

sheerwater
Oct 13th, 2002, 14:35
Three times? Aston has a collection and delivery service!!!! Cars are covered in a curtain side trailer. Collectiion and delivery from Saudi Arabia Sir? Only needs a new ashtray sir. No Problem!!!!! Cheers Nigel

4 forty
Oct 13th, 2002, 20:03
years ago i was on a canal holiday and stayed overnight in crick,then the volvo uk parts centre.
behind the bar in the local canalside pub,was a barmaid who actually worked for volvo parts, and told me that the parts were so expensive because many were made in the uk,shipped to volvo hq, taken out the manufacturers boxes, put into volvo boxes and shipped back to the uk.
i suppose that is why you get the same part, by the same manufacturer that supplies volvo, at a knock down price from the likes of europarts.

paul
[4 forty]

crumpit1
Oct 13th, 2002, 21:35
'There was this time at bandcamp'....................

sheerwater
Oct 15th, 2002, 09:15
You must have been near Daventry/Crick. You are right. Some bits were made in Daventry, shipped to Sweden to be put in poly bags and shipped back again. Thing of tthe paperwork, fuel etc to do that!!! talk about global warming!!! Cheers Nigel

Mav_UK
Oct 15th, 2002, 10:32
Volvo do the same thing with their parts (although I admit not 3x....) Friend of my dads brought a 260 (I think) that sounded awful (hence cheap!), he was a mechanic, knew that it was valves making the noise and brought the parts from either Renault ro Peugoet (can't remember which) for a fraction of the Volvo price. Fitted them himself and hey presto, a very nice car, very cheap!