PDA

View Full Version : Independent Service Gloucestershire / Worcest

chris1
Oct 23rd, 2002, 20:42
Does anyone know where I can get my car serviced in Gloucestershire or Worcestershire

The local GLoucester dealer wants £220 for a 90,000 service on my 850

Seems a bit steep to me !

Thanks

George Holmer
Oct 23rd, 2002, 21:01
I used to live in Worcester and I alsways used a guy close to the local Volvo dealer, Johnsons. Bascially, what you do is drive to the dealer, go down to the right between Volvo and National Tyres, take a right and you will end up at a dead end, look closely and there is a passage on your left, you will see a few scrap cars down the end of the drive, he is down there. Very good chap, reasonably priced and very decent.

George

Resident near Leuven in Belgium

'87 745 GLE Turbo Diesel Intercooler
'88 745 Turbo Intercooler

crumpit1
Oct 25th, 2002, 16:21
>Does anyone know where I can get my car serviced in
>Gloucestershire or Worcestershire
>
>The local GLoucester dealer wants £220 for a 90,000 service
>on my 850
>
>Seems a bit steep to me !
>
>Thanks

Guildfords Lancasters quoted £420 for my V70's 60k service,
only extra on that is the accessory (fan) belt replacement !!

roy chu1
Oct 25th, 2002, 21:44
Hi everyone,

I am based in Worcester, and I have just had the 90k service on my v70 t5. They charged me £273, I got ripped off.

George how long ago since you were in Worcester, cause was it Paul you saw about your car needs. The previous manager was Lewis who was a very helpful and discounting person. Now it has all changed.

I am still a little dubious of who to go with because there are not any mechanics who I know that have there own garages.

If you have any luck with the search let me know. I will also post details of mechanics who are opening their own garages who were volvo mechanics.

Cheers Roy

George Holmer
Oct 26th, 2002, 21:38
That is bad news, I took my then Ford Mondeo to him for new clutch, cam belt, front brakes and big service in June 2000 I think. He also fixed my mother-in-law's Rover 820 which the Rover dealer messed up badly and my father-in-law's Granada which needed a new autobox and my 740 which...

He was very good.

George

Resident near Leuven in Belgium

'87 745 GLE Turbo Diesel Intercooler
'88 745 Turbo Intercooler

tllewellin
Oct 28th, 2002, 13:29
Try Bradford Motor Company, in Cheltenham, near Tesco, just off the Tewkesbury Road. Thanks Tim.