PDA

View Full Version : Prices of Volvos on Ebay

sheerwater
Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:27
Has anyone looked at the prices of Volvos on Ebay lately. Rock bottom.
I know you are buying a bit of a pig in a poke but some are going for the price of a good night out and certainly less than for a set of tyres. A good source of spares here if you hhave the time and space. Cheers Nigel

George Holmer
Nov 2nd, 2002, 18:44
I got my TIC on e-Bay, from a chap in Kent. Paid 133 pounds for it and it is mostly working, a few problems but that is to be expected.

George

Resident near Leuven in Belgium

'87 745 GLE Turbo Diesel Intercooler
'88 745 Turbo Intercooler

sheerwater
Nov 4th, 2002, 18:16
£133 !!! I hope it had a full tank of gas!!! Cheers Nige

George Holmer
Nov 4th, 2002, 23:10
Nope, it was empty and so was the coolant which I failed to check and off I drove!! Well, a new water pump, radiator, coolant hoses, drive belts, oil, spark plug, fuel pumps, rotor arm, dizzy cap, bonnet, rear door, washer pump, rear wiper motor, taillight, rear shocks, headlining and tyre as well as accessories such as third seat, dog guard, arm rest with mug holders and bits and pieces, I have a darn nice car. It smoked like a chimney before and I was told I needed new engine as the rings were worn but it was a blocked flame trap forcing oil into the airbox. I might need a new steering rack and brakes all round, the heater is not working and one seat is blocked but hey, what is my Haynes for if not to fix these beasts. I made a deal with it driving down the road with no coolant, and I mean no coolant: you don't blow your headgasket and I won't brake you come what may. The car kept its part, and so have I... I am into commitments.

George

Resident near Leuven in Belgium

'87 745 GLE Turbo Diesel Intercooler
'88 745 Turbo Intercooler

sheerwater
Nov 6th, 2002, 16:16
Bear an 87/88 vehicle!!! I thought Volvos were always advertised as having a life of 20 years so do nothing until 2007!!! (EEC laws permitting!!!) Cheers Nige