PDA

View Full Version : Wipers

ianh
Nov 2nd, 2002, 16:59
Can anyone please advise how to retain my sanity and help prevent the wipers on my V70 from making the annoying rubbing noise when in use. New blades have not helped. The car is washed using Autoglym products if this has any bearing?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

sheerwater
Nov 2nd, 2002, 18:29
Try removing grease and grime with a very slightly abrasive cleaner such as windowlene (pink) to get all grease off. Cheers Nigel

andykem
Nov 5th, 2002, 11:09
Hi Nigel

I have the same problem with my 262 since the Summer when I parked it under a tree; or, was it because I used silicone spray (Back to Black) on the vinyl roof?. Tried all sorts of solvents, then used some Jif (Cif as we now have to call it). This improved the situation and a second go made it better still. (Must do it again some time!)

Andy (Thanks for the 260 thermostat!)

Dave M
Nov 5th, 2002, 15:46
Okay Guys....

Here we go... Firstly, wash the screen, making sure that the bug bodies etc are all off then let it dry.

2/ Apply Methylated Spirits to the screen, it doesn't damage anything so don't panic, and watch the dirt come OFF!! Work in well and remember to wipe the wiper itself, being careful not ot damage the edge. WATCH THE DIRT COME OFF!!!

3/ Apply "Nilglass" or some other window cleaning solvent and polish glass as normal. Not only do you end up with nice shiney glass (And hands!) but a smooth wiping area that works every time, even if the glass has had car wax applied to it via "wash and wax!" Been doing it for years now and works every time!!!

Enjoy the View!!

Regards
Dave M

ianh
Nov 6th, 2002, 20:23
Thanks for the advice. I'll try them all!

Regards

Ian

sheerwater
Nov 6th, 2002, 21:49
Hi,
Take care with the CIF as it is alightly abrasive, I know that it works but you need a slightly less abrasive action !!!!! Cheers Nigel

Richard Brown
Nov 18th, 2002, 17:07
Personally, I wouldn't use Jif/Cif. If you rub it between your fingers you will see why.

Regards,

Richard.