PDA

View Full Version : Ultra-low mileage S40

Ben H
Feb 3rd, 2003, 16:10
My grandfather has recently been told that he can no longer drive, due to general old age (he is 91).

His current and therefore last car is an October 1997 registered S40 1.8 Automatic (115bhp) on an R-plate. The car is in navy blue and has a few extras such as the CD-spec six spoke alloys.

Crucially, it has 10k on the clock. Yes - 10k miles! It was used for a 20-mile trip (so has always been warmed up thoroughly) about once or twice a week and stored in a garage. The condition is, accordingly, stunning.

My family would keep it if we didn't already have three other Volvo cars, including a 2.0 S40 CD. With the other S40 having leather and being fully loaded, there's little point selling that instead and keeping the 10k mile S40.

So the question is: what price should we ask for it? Various guestimate on-line valuers put it in the region of £6.5k. Would that be a representative price?

I don't want to turn this into a "for sale" thread as there is a specific forum for that! I also need to get the history folder/take some pictures before it goes on sale. But if anyone is interested or wants more details/pictures, contact me at ben.hume@talk21.com.

roy chu1
Feb 4th, 2003, 19:43
Hi Ben,

Your grandfather has achieved the ability of being able to drive to a proud age. Well done to him, I would have thought he will be sorry to see the s40 go.

The price is actually very reasonable because the mileage is so low. There are other s40s out there cheaper but not one which would be like your Grandfathers.

Try looking in the sale section on the s40s to get a guide. Bare in mind the mileage on the cars for sale will be much higher than your Grandfathers, so you know you can get more for it.

Good luck

Roy

Ben H
Feb 8th, 2003, 13:01
Thanks Roy.