PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Seat

motorbikeman
Mar 3rd, 2003, 13:47
I have seemed to of broken the lumbar support bar inside the drivers seat simply by pressing against it while sitting down in the seat, the control knob just turns round and round with No effect and the bar itself has receeded back into the chair. Has anyone suffered this sort of problem before and does anyone know if it is easily fixed without wrecking the seat it self.

cheers

Paul Wildsmith
Mar 3rd, 2003, 18:45
What car? On my 760, it was just a bit of strapping that the adjuster tightened or loosened. I had to replace the adjuster knob once - I think you can just pull it off (plus the broken bit) then push on a new one.

motorbikeman
Mar 3rd, 2003, 20:05
The car is a 740GL (1990). I'll keep an eye out for that one Paul, cheers.

Peter Milnes
Mar 3rd, 2003, 23:00
The problem is the metal clip that holds the end of the nylon strap that is the lumbar support. I temporarily mended mine with two plastic straps (like the ones to hold wires together). To get to the mechanism you will need to carefully remove the wire clips (heavy wire twisted around the bottom bar and through the upholstery). Once these are out of the way the seat back upholstery can be rolled up sufficient to expose the lumbar adjustment mechanism.Once there you can see which side metal clip has given way and either repair it with two plastic straps or replace the metal clip. It is a simple job but needs care especially near those wire clips at the bottom.

All the best, Peter