PDA

View Full Version : State of Sales Market for Volvo's

ge2002
Mar 18th, 2003, 15:05
I'm on my second Volvo (C70) and for a variety of reasons want to change my car before the end of this month. I want, I think, a pre-registered S60.

With my two previous cars I have been able to strike great deals on cars previously registered to Volvo Cars UK. This time around I can't seem to get anyone to take my request to buy such a car, or any low mileage second hand model seriously. Dealers don't return my calls or promise to get back and don't.

This seems to be a problem across all marques: I have looked at BMW, Mercedes and Audi as well and only my local Mercedes dealer has been remotely interested in talking to me - and that interest has been pretty remote.

What is happening with the 2nd hand car market? Is it really in such a state of boom that dealers can afford to ignore customers?

This message is not a request to be bombarded with offers of 2nd hand S60's, but rather a request for some hard information as to how bouyant the market for low mileage 2nd hand cars in general, and Volvo's in particular, is at the moment. If I can get a better steer then I can make a more informed decision of keeping my C70 (which I love), or selling and getting a new car and keeping my accountant happy.