PDA

View Full Version : Volvo TV Advertising

itbloke
May 19th, 2003, 09:36
Does anyone know why the only advertising Volvo do in the UK, is the sponsor slots for ER?

As far as car manufacturers go, BMW have the most evocative ads for cars on TV, so, as Volvo's own fleet is now being compared to the German Giant's on a more regular basis, isn't it about time that Volvo got back to the ads in the style of the 850 ads a few years back. That ad made me want one, to the extent I bought one a few months later.

Three Volvos on, and the only reason I knew what the S80 I bought was, is because I saw one on the road, and a few in dealer windows and asked someone.

SO - why can't Volvo do some cool ads like those done by BMW et al, with some great scenary, maybe filmed at Millbrook or somewhere where you can give the car some welly, and have snap shots of the car zipping past the camera, a couple inside with the Volvo badge obscured, and so on, as tasters before the full add comes on and the car comes to a dramatic halt.......and then all is revealed.

Volvo 'R' cars are very exciting to drive, they are nearly at the pace of some of the established sports sedan community, but where do we see them advertised???

Could we pool our creative talents and put some ideas forward to Volvo - I would love to see the next S80 unvieled in a cool TV ad.

Live fast, drive safe, and always use a Volvo!

Mav_UK
May 19th, 2003, 11:08
You sure you're in IT and not marketing?

Stu

Good idea though :)

itbloke
May 19th, 2003, 12:55
Used to just be IT, then setup a couple of companies, the most recent being a Managed Service Provider in the UK, and as it is still a small team, I do get heavily involved in the marketing of the products...oh, and living with the Marketing Director of our ISP does'nt hurt either!

cootuk
May 19th, 2003, 19:15
The XC90 was on Sky Mix 7:10pm Monday during Stargate.
Good advert, but strange target audience....

itbloke
May 22nd, 2003, 11:30
I saw the ad on terrestrial (I'm not allowed Sky at home because of where I live), and don't remember what the programme was on either side of it....Nice add, and the kind of thing I am talking about.

Will we see an S80 add to introduce the facelifted car???

I am making a website for the T6, and will try some ideas on that, so keep your eyes peeled for T6uk.com coming soon!!