PDA

View Full Version : Big Badge Grille

harvey07
May 12th, 2011, 20:52
I am after a newish chrome big badge style grille for my XC90...must be in excellent condition complete with all fixings etc.

Either reply to this post or send me a PM if you have anything suitable

Cheers

chrisrixy
May 15th, 2011, 10:23
Harvey,

I have a new large logo xc90 grille boxed that is available. It was removed from my MY11 when brand new and replaced with an older one (I don't like the big logo). It is therefore in new condition.

Bought new from www.evolvestore.co.uk/index.cfm/fa/shopdetails/Product_ID/1126/Category_ID/50 a new grille would be £225, not sure what a dealer or FRF Swansea would charge.

I suspect the old grille I've fitted may reduce the re-sale value of my XC, so I had intended to keep the new one and re-fit it prior selling the xc, although since that probably won't be for 5 years I'm happy to consider selling it now. However it would need to be about £140 (+ postage) which is a lot for a bit of plastic - but I don't want to have to buy a new one later!

Let me know if interested

Chris

harvey07
May 15th, 2011, 20:41
Hey, thanks for the offer, but as you say £140+ for some plastic is a lot. TBH, I missed out on one recently that was going for £79, that would have been ok, FRF will do a new one for about £180. I'd think about going close to £100 but no more for one, delivered.

I'll probably just stick with what I have unless I can source one from a scrapper or something. I may even just fit a better 'old style' one, as my badge is discoloured at the bottom.

Isn't it interesting that I have the older style grille & want a newer one, but you had the newer one & wanted the older style one ! Personal taste I guess.

chrisrixy
May 18th, 2011, 19:40
I quite understand - it is expensive for the plastic.

Here is one for £99 on e-bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280679607578&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

I do think the big logo is just a bit 'in your face' ugly, and on the xc90 is just looks a poor attempt to pretend it is a modern design like the xc60, when we all know it was actually mostly designed last century!
I looked at the xc60 - but it just does not have the seats or space.

harvey07
May 18th, 2011, 22:18
Thanks - I did spot that one, but was put off by 0 feedback.

I've asked a couple of questions of the seller anyway.

chrisrixy
Jun 13th, 2011, 21:34
still looking?

here is another..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270764778353&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123#ht_926wt_127

chris.

harvey07
Jun 13th, 2011, 22:04
Thanks...looked over the weekend & didn't spot that