PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seat Entertainment System

elliott2
Jun 14th, 2011, 19:46
I supply Rear Seat Entertainment systems to all Volvos, I was the original designer and supplier to Volvo UK of the XC90 RSE system.
HOT OFF THE PRESS: Presenting my new media player system.
This has been specifically designed for automotive 12V electrical systems, so no cheap/unreliable voltage droppers are fitted. The system also features a last position playback feature, so if the ignition is turned off, the movie will start from the last played position when it is turned back on again, no more screaming children after filling up at petrol stations etc!!!
It also includes a neat little wireless remote control that will work from the front and back of the vehicle and offers playback of: MP3, AVI, VOB, MOV, JPG, DivX and other formats and will operate with USB storage units up to 2TB.
Let me know if interested, Thanks, Peter

Buck Rogers
Jun 14th, 2011, 20:08
I supply Rear Seat Entertainment systems to all Volvos, I was the original designer and supplier to Volvo UK of the XC90 RSE system.
This has been specifically designed for automotive 12V electrical systems, so no cheap/unreliable voltage droppers are fitted. The system also features a last position playback feature, so if the ignition is turned off, the movie will start from the last played position when it is turned back on again, no more screaming children after filling up at petrol stations etc!!!
It also includes a neat little wireless remote control that will work from the front and back of the vehicle and offers playback of: MP3, AVI, VOB, MOV, JPG, DivX and other formats and will operate with USB storage units up to 2TB.

Peter,
Thanks, roughly how much fitted (2 head rests) is the XC60 version?

Cheers

elliott2
Jun 15th, 2011, 20:12
Hi, PM sent, Thanks

mfresh
Jun 17th, 2011, 13:46
Hi there. I have a 11.5my xc60 and wondered if you can retrofit a satnav
? Do you have any info about this and approximate cost?

Thanks!

(I've tried Pming you but I haven't posted enough to be able to send one)

elliott2
Jun 17th, 2011, 21:14
Hi sent PM, thanks.

XC60CRAZY
Jun 18th, 2011, 08:16
Could you please let me know how much it would be to fit this into an xc60 r design?
Thanks in advance

AndyandJackie
Jun 19th, 2011, 02:43
Hi there can you give me a quote for a rear (fitted into the 2 headrests)screen dvd system fitted for my 2007 xc90 executive.Many thanks.

elliott2
Jun 19th, 2011, 22:51
Hi PM sent, Thanks

travelmad
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:39
Hey, I have an XC60 Rdesign. How much will it be to upgrade to the rear dvds?
thanks!

elliott2
Jun 25th, 2011, 15:06
Hi, sent PM, thanks

jendrek
Jul 3rd, 2011, 23:01
could you offer RSE for XC60 MY11.5 ?
I have premium sound system + 7" satnav on it.
I can't send PM yet :-(

Animal
Jul 4th, 2011, 21:02
I have an MY11 XC60 R-Design.

How much will it be to upgrade to the rear dvds?

Thanks

elliott2
Jul 17th, 2011, 12:24
Hi, sent PM's thanks

menduffy
Oct 28th, 2011, 23:07
How much to fit in new xc60 se lux premium due for delivery in Dec?

XC604Me
Nov 3rd, 2011, 07:12

Hi
I am picking up a Volvo XC60 2010 with RSE fitted, do you know if this will play Blu Ray discs? if not, anything I can do to play Blu Ray?

Thanks

XC604Me
Nov 6th, 2011, 12:39
Hi Peter

Is it possible to download the instruction manual for the RSE system for a XC60 Year 2010 please..

D

jimbg
Nov 6th, 2011, 16:40
From the Volvo web site:- http://www.volvocars.com/uk/sales-services/services/owners-information/xc60/pages/xc60-my10.aspx

myxc60
Nov 8th, 2011, 16:15
hi, peter
can you pm me your price list and is it poss to fit usb,bluetooth to a 2011 R-Design or do i need to go down the parrot route
Thanks

lhorton
Nov 13th, 2011, 10:14
Hi Peter,

I have an 05 plate XC90 with black leather trim. Can you give me a price for RSE in both headrests please?

I am in the Midlands. Do you do home visits or do I need to come to you? If so where are you located?
How long does it take?

Also, do you do screen that mounts off the centre arm rest for the middle rear seat passenger?

Many thanks

myxc60
Nov 19th, 2011, 10:12
hi, peter
can you pm me your price list and is it poss to fit usb,bluetooth to a 2011 R-Design or do i need to go down the parrot route
Thanks

quick bump.............just to see if Peter is still doing this work?

simzan
Jan 18th, 2012, 20:57
Hi Peter
I've been reading your posts about the XC90 DVD system. I recently bought a nice 53 plate with the system I think you designed. It has a Thomson transmitter adjacent to the battery. It did not come with headphones so I purchased some wireless headphones from Maplins. I got a weak signal with a lot of static and on further investigation I have discovered a problem with the transmitter. The red power light comes on for about 20 seconds and then goes out. I've played with the lead but to no avail. I'm not sure if it's the power supply or the Thomson unit. The headphones worked well when the unit was powered for that short period. Any ideas? The wire aerial is very short (3 inches) and was tied in a loop. I untied it and straightened it and got a better signal. I'm thinking that a wire extension to this aerial would improve the signal more. What do you think?

Regards
Mark

jjburns
Jan 22nd, 2012, 12:12
Hi elliot am also in surrey and am interested in having rear entertainment installed in 2005 xc90. Pls contact me to discuss options and costing. Many thanks john!

jjburns
Jan 22nd, 2012, 12:16
Hi peter am interested in having rear entertainment system fitted to 2005 xc90 . Pls contact me with options many thanks john!

elliott2
Feb 9th, 2012, 21:18
Hi, sent PM's Thanks

Sydneyuk
Feb 10th, 2012, 11:22
Hi, sent PM's Thanks

Hi Peter

I have a 2005 XC90 with RSE system designed by you, but when I bought the car it had no headphones.

Can you PM with details of replacement headphones?

Also are there any upgrades to this system which would allow playback from hard drives etc?

Thanks.

T5JAS
Feb 14th, 2012, 20:28

Hi,
Why won't my unit work!! Just says no signal!!

T5JAS
Feb 17th, 2012, 21:51
Hi,
Why won't my unit work!! Just says no signal!!

I wrote this as a tongue in cheek question to the 'designer' of the system.
Due to his rather rude pm i shall be getting it looked at elswhere

wslaw
Feb 24th, 2012, 10:46
Let me know if interested, Thanks, Peter[/QUOTE]

Hello,
please contact me , as in subject , I`m intrested to buy some parts from you

wslawek6@gmail.com
or

Sorry but this message , I`m new buyer can not send PM

Agenda109
Mar 19th, 2012, 00:38
Hi Peter,

Can you provide me with details of your XC60 compatible RSE systems.

Do you need to have the multimedia sound system installed (as would appear to be the case with the deal fit option)?

Does your offering fit into the existing headrests or do you provide your own with the RSE already fitted so we can keep the originals intact?

Regards,

Scott.

elliott2
Apr 17th, 2012, 10:20
Hi sent PM's, thanks. As a reply to T5JAS, when you don't know someone, you need to advise when a comment is "tongue in cheek" I do feel my comment of "That's not really the way to ask" was appropriate. Did you get it sorted?

menduffy
May 18th, 2012, 07:30
Peter, could you please provide options for RSE on a MY2012 XC60?

Thanks

Mark

kevw
Jul 23rd, 2012, 21:12
Hi
I have a 2008 xc90 and the factory fitted rear headrest screen has broke ,
Does anyone know who does replacements please
Regards Kev

amadex
Jul 27th, 2012, 23:40
Hi Peter, could you please provide options for RSE on a MY2012 XC60?

Tkx,
J

andreiii
Sep 16th, 2012, 20:45

How much for an rse system for my s80 2009?
Thank you!

elliott2
Oct 1st, 2012, 10:31
Hi sent PM' thanks

esieens
Oct 22nd, 2012, 13:57
Looking for the same for a xc90 sport reg 57

Einstien
Dec 5th, 2012, 21:46
Hi, I've just purchased a V60 SE (Manual Black Cloth Interior D4 if it makes any difference)

Can you supply the rear seat entertainment system for this vehicle?

chrisla1966
Mar 1st, 2013, 19:12
Hi Peter.
I have just purchased my first XC90 and I am looking to get a RSE system fitted.
Do you still carry out this service? (Your orginal thread is now a couple of years old)
If so, could you quote me for a fitted system.

Many thanks.

Regards Chris

GuyH
Mar 9th, 2013, 14:51
Hi,

I have 5 kids and don't want to have 5 pairs of bulky wireless headphones knocking about in the car. Is there a way to tap into the audio output from the DVD unit and provide some sockets for wired headphones. I'm thinking by maybe using a separate amp using the inputs to the existing Thomson RF transmitter?

Ideally I'd like to connect to the existing headphone sockets in the rear door pillars, but I'm guessing thats not possible?
Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Guy

elliott2
Mar 12th, 2013, 20:28
Hi Sent PM's Thanks

Milky74
Mar 15th, 2013, 13:55
Hi,

I am interested in a RSE system ? can you send me details please.

thanks

Chris

Rouseslane
Mar 18th, 2013, 14:28
I would like price for fitting RSE to my XC90 MY2011

Do you do mobile, or do you have a garage,if so where

Thanks
Ed

seismicshift
Mar 21st, 2013, 13:20
Hi,

I have a 2005 XC70 SE Lux and want to install a RSE.

What is the price for a 2 screen kit?

Thank you

Regards

Graeme

mordred1973
Mar 23rd, 2013, 22:23
Hi Peter, will you also please let me know the price of a 2 screen rear entertainment system for a 2012 XC60 r-design?
Thanks
Chris

jjb
Apr 8th, 2013, 15:42
Hi, I have an 2011 XC60 with the dual screens,but one the headphones has gone "missing" after it went in for some work. Can you please give me a price for a replacement?

Cheers,
Jose.

tompip
Apr 8th, 2013, 22:10
hi, what price for my XC60 r design

tompip
Apr 10th, 2013, 21:50
hi, i have an xc60 r design 2011, how much to fit RSE

DTBK
Apr 11th, 2013, 19:16
Hello - I've just purchased a 54 plate XC90 and to my disappointment the screens in the headrests just display a "No Signal" message on a blue screen. The 10-Disk DVD changer in the rear sounds and looks like it's loading the discs correctly, but then nothing happens.

Any guidance and/or assistance you could give me seeking out a fix, would be very much appreciated.

the mad mechanic
May 6th, 2013, 20:29
Hi are you still doing the kits and if so do you do them for the 2006 model (volvo dont anymore) many thanks

DTBK
May 7th, 2013, 21:05
Peter are you still around - I'm very keen to get my screens fixed if you are... I haven't made enough posts to be able to PM you though... if you are around, please do get in touch.

Pista
Jun 7th, 2013, 11:25
Peter, please could you provide me with a quote for the volvo RSE for a xc60 r-design 2012. Does it include fitment or DIY?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Stefan

Crockers
Jun 7th, 2013, 13:18
Why don't you ask a Volvo dealer ??

Whiterdesign
Jun 7th, 2013, 14:15
If its anything like my experience you will find that most dealers have not a clue, mine didn't even know that there are 2 systems. I had to tell them and give them the part numbers, one dealer in fact said that it couldn't be fitted. It was only my perseverance that got it fitted.

elliott2
Jun 11th, 2013, 21:43
Hi sent PM's thanks

griston64
Jun 27th, 2013, 20:44
Looking for a price for RSE for my 2012MY V70 D5 SE

thanks

evna
Jun 30th, 2013, 08:16
Price please for RSE for a 2012 S60 D4 r-design nav lux

smah
Jul 2nd, 2013, 23:09
who is elliot 2 and where are you based for above

smah
Jul 2nd, 2013, 23:12
who and where are you based..thinking about used XC90 but have 4 kids!!

MRSM
Aug 17th, 2013, 12:44
Please can you give me a quote for 2 sets of headphones for a retrofit volvo DVD player in the boot of an XC90.

Many thanks

dstc
Sep 2nd, 2013, 21:42
Hi Elliott2. I hope we are not too late. I just found this thread after trying all the usual high-street stereo installers.

We have a 2003 XC90 D5. It has the tilt adjustable rear screens and the 10-disc changer in the boot. It's my wife's car and I would love it to have a reversing camera and front parking sensors. And maybe the extra widget to allow us to listen to the audio feed which is displayed on the rear monitors and also display video on the front Nav screen. One of our headphones is broken. Do you have a replacement? Thank you.

Sinner85
Sep 8th, 2013, 15:37
is this still active? i can't PM as only just joined

MMini
Sep 15th, 2013, 08:30
[QUOTE=elliott2;927414]I supply Rear Seat Entertainment systems to all Volvos, I was the original designer and supplier to Volvo UK of the XC90 RSE system.
Hi Elliot
Sounds like your the man to ask about RSE, I have 2004 Executive XC90, trying to fit newer screens,
the old screens have a 10 way connector the new one has 12 way. Are they compatible? I have the remote control for the newer screens if that helps.
I think have found the wiring diagrams for the old & new screens but these only list colours & not pin out details. Have you pin out details of both? If they wont work with the old DVD will they work with other players or media devices?
I have trawled the internet for days & cant find any pin out details so any help will be much appreciated.
Simon

BenjiT
Sep 15th, 2013, 18:52
Hi guys

Is this thread still active? Is Elliot still around? I cant pm as new member here. I am trying to source fixes for my second hand xc90 '03 with RSE. Screens work with 'no signal', it has no remote control although volvo are more than happy to take their pick from my wallet for a replacement, but i have re-trawled through its paperwork and there is numerous service comments about the rear 10 disc dvd system not working but no mention of it being replaced.

How easy is it to replace the current dvd system? Either with like or completely new system?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ben

Forkbeard
Oct 23rd, 2013, 22:04
Hi Elliott2,

Can you give me a price for fitting a digital TV and DVD system to my 07 year S80 4.4 AWD to play on the RTI screen. I would also like to include a rear camera, thanks, Forkbeard.

kylecorcoran
Oct 29th, 2013, 18:09

Definitely interested! I have an '05 XC90 with the dual screens and single DVD in the center console. Please let me know!

TobyAnscombe
Nov 16th, 2013, 05:43

Also interested - currently running a Phillips setup which plugs into an iPod to keep my kids happy on long trips but a built-in set of screens would limit the kicking and knocking the cable out.. MY13 R-Design

Greenways
Feb 10th, 2014, 12:02
Please could you pm with more details and prices. How long will it take to install? Many thanks

MikeIOW
Feb 14th, 2014, 08:57
Wondering whether this is still valid and available ?

Heathersibbald
Feb 17th, 2014, 22:32
Please could you quote for a 2011 xc90 r design

twlogan
Mar 7th, 2014, 23:22
What is the pricing for this?

Justjust1
May 24th, 2014, 07:52
Hi, do you have the pricing for the V60 2011

Thanks

Justjust1
Jun 4th, 2014, 13:25
Hi, is this still available?

Maxis
Jun 26th, 2014, 08:47
Hi, I have a 2011 XC60 R Design. How much to fit two rear DVD's?

Thanks

Mytholmroyd60
Jun 26th, 2014, 21:13
Is there not a moderator who could lock this post?

The original poster has not responded for over a year.

RoyMacDonald
Oct 13th, 2014, 17:07
Is there not a moderator who could lock this post?

The original poster has not responded for over a year.

I don't think he's doing cars anymore. Home cinema now I believe.

SuHariX
Oct 23rd, 2014, 07:24
Hi!
Are you still selling DVD systems? I would like to know how much it could cost for Volvo XC60? And how much fitting would cost?
Thanks,
Maris

BFC001
Oct 28th, 2014, 13:22
Im still trying to get a DVD replacement remote.

I wouldn't opt for the RSE option if I was buying another Volvo. Its not particularly slick and has broke once, and also the remotes are very fragile!!

We cant use ours until we get a remote!! Doh!!

Farlice
Jan 1st, 2015, 14:04
Hi, would it be possible to get a price and spec for an RSE system in a 2010 V70?

Thanks

GJB
Jan 1st, 2015, 16:46
Elliot has not been on this site for over a year.