PDA

View Full Version : another car stolen..

5lab
Nov 25th, 2004, 08:11
..but this time its not quite as ususal as the others..

ok, having done this

http://www.5lab.co.uk/pics/car/crash/images/100_3344.jpg

to my car, on monday last week, i figured i'd have to get my car towed. when speaking to the rozza who attended the accident, they said it was ok to leave it there for a bit, till i could get it towed (cos i didnt have any money to get it done straight away). well, i took some bits off it the following day, and have been arranging to sell some other bits that i was going to strip off thismorning, before the guy i phoned yesterday came to get it.. well, i went up there today, and it was gone! a bit bermused, i knocked on the door of the bloke who lived next to it, and he said it was taken on friday when he wasnt in, but there had been no abandoned vehical stickery things on it.. he presumed i'd sorted getting it towed!.. so i've phoned the bacon again, they've told me they have no record but to phone the council just in case, but are brighton council really going to have nicked the car in under 4 days?! any thoughts? anyone got a beat up white 360glt in their driveway? i dont htink its gonna be joyriders, cos whilst it did start straight after, the battery is now flat!

/confused :P

Peter Milnes
Nov 26th, 2004, 00:15
I know how you feel mate, I had a 480 stolen (no battery and no brakes at all) after 24 hours. The police had been informed of where it was left, at the top of a layby, in full view of the rears of at least ten houses and on a bus route. It now has a Crime Number as well as an Incident Number and I am trying for compensation from the police as suggested in the booklet they sent me. It had no side lights/indicators and was locked!!

All the best, Peter.

George Holmer
Nov 26th, 2004, 01:29
I had a 1975 rusted out beaten down old Jaguar XJ6 stolen from a car park in Reading, which a dead fuel pump and starter motor... I can't believe it!

George

[link:www.ttsservices.co.uk/my%20volvos.htm|http://www.ttsservices.co.uk/Signature.JPG]

'95 Volvo 945 Polar LPT
'87 Volvo 745 GLE Turbo Diesel Intercooler
'86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2

sarge
Nov 26th, 2004, 08:06
Let's see if 360 GLT parts start appearing on e-bay! E-bay must be heaven for those wanting to sell on stolen goods. Or are there safeguards in place?

Sarge
'99 V70 AWD

neil stevenson
Nov 26th, 2004, 18:15
Hi All,

Some years ago a friend had a series III Landrover which he used for road taxed vehicle trials. He kept it a a friends yard who used it during the week to shunt vehicles around his yard so it always started when being taken to an off road event. As time went on it became more bashed about and in the end was only used for off road trials as it could not pass an MOT. However it was still taxed at this stage when one evening the police phoned him at home to tell him that it had been found abandoned in a car park in his town. He told them he had left it at the yard some 10 miles from the town so someone must have borrowed it. When he went to collect it the nice police man broke it to him gently that the scumbags had bust every light bar one, dented every panel and it appeared that they had ate the dash and the seats. He explained that they could give him a damage form for his insurance company.

He had not the heart to explain the the police that that was the way he had left it.