PDA

View Full Version : 300 Series Rally 2005

JOHN 850
Jan 10th, 2005, 01:21
It is a couple of years since Jim Beech last held the rally at Shrewsbury, and this event would help raise the models profile within the club again. The model over this last year seems to be gaining a small 'cult status', especially with the younger end and we think it would be great to see as many 300 variants together as possible.

Ted Brown & myself are therefore thinking of 're-instating' the above, to be held either the end of May or begining of August at Elvington Air Museum, York.

We were thinking of 3 classes, 300 standard, 300 modified & open. Obviously the line up would be open to members only (after all, we do pay for events though our yearly subscription), but anyone is welcome to come along & chat, etc...

With regard to judging (which is always a contentious issue), would people prefer judges or members to judge cars ?

Any contructive comments welcome.

Cheers,

John

Iank
Jan 11th, 2005, 19:14
Not too sure what you mean by "rally" as I do not want to go tearing around the countryside in my almost new 1987 340 which has only 15000 (Fifteen thousand) genuine miles on the clock and is like mint, garaged and with a full Volvo service history.

5lab
Jan 11th, 2005, 21:22
just means meeting up for a drink and a drive.

why not pop into volvo300mania.com/forum2??

JOHN 850
Jan 12th, 2005, 00:01
Rally, as in showing cars in a line up + meeting up with other owners.

The club has similar rallies for other models + of course the BKV events.

Cheers,

John.

johnw
Jan 12th, 2005, 23:53
No No No, Not the beginning of August when I'm in Cornwall. I would like to attend this one with my March 1991 340 Auto (even though it won't win as it is the wife's daily driver).

Hope to see you there