PDA

View Full Version : Great Service - Two Garages

Mav_UK
Jan 11th, 2005, 08:16
Hey All,

Just had three trips to dealers and the best experience with all three...

1) Side light bulb blown

I couldn't get the bulb out and didn't want to use undue pressure so I took it to the local volvo garage. They spent 10 mins working on the car and fitted the new bulb.

Cost: 0

2) 180000KM Service

Took it to the distant garage. Service came in at what they quoted (300 euros inc APK (MOT))

Changed the tyres and due to a mistake on their part 2 years ago they gave me a tyre for free (18 months after the gurantee) (so 450 euros instead of 600 for a set of 4 V rated 195/55 15" Michellin Pilot Epocs)

Got an estimate of value in 12 months, and 15000KM, time. 7000 euros. Thats more than the car costs retail in the UK... So if his estimate is right it's a T4 in 12 months... And if it's wrong I'll run the car till it dies (told him they were my choices before he gave the trade in value). To be fair they sold the car originally, sold it to me, and have serviced it all it's life except for a top up of oil in between services and the bits above and below...

3) Seat belt buckle holder

Managed to somehow break the seatbelt buckle holder when lifting the back seat. Took it to the garage to buy a new one. They had a look and said they needed to order the plastic clip. It would be 24 hours. Took the car back the next day and they fitted the new clip (needs melting in place)

Cost: 0 ('all part of the service for volvo owners sir')

Now anyone know if you get that type of service in the UK from your Volvo dealer?

Stu

vinny
Jan 11th, 2005, 08:40
not a hope to get service like that over here.
You are very lucky and a dealer like that deserves to prosper.

Mav_UK
Jan 11th, 2005, 09:58
It creates a luxury problem though...

Where to take the car for it's next service...

Closer to home (more expensive) further away (Cheaper, but lots of petrol)...

I'm thinking of sticking with the more distant dealer to buy the next car from though.

Stu

chriskay
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:09
Can't fault my local main dealer; W.A.Lewis, Shrewsbury. They've looked after my 480 Turbo for years & now my 850T5. I've got to know the service manager well over the years & have lost track of the number of jobs I've had done for free.

sarge
Jan 11th, 2005, 13:51
My local dealer is very good to me too. I've been using them for years and I'm sure that makes a difference.

Sarge
'99 V70 AWD

vinny
Jan 11th, 2005, 15:47
I would'nt hesitate to go to the good dealer even if they are further away.
You could soon clock the miles up back and forth to a useless one plus the time wasted with the car off the road.
A lot of the dealers have only a few 'technitions' and a lot of trainees who do nearly all the work but you get charged for the technitions.