PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a C.D changer

mas
Jan 19th, 2005, 16:55
lo all , two questions really.

First is where do most peeps put a C.D changer. My 87 V70 T5 has no cover in the boot ( normal?) so I dont really want a C.d changer on display for potential thieves, does it fit under the floor where the spare is or somewhere else.

Also is there a wiring loom and connecter of some sort in the boot ready for plugging in to or do you have to have it all professionally wired up to the speekers / power and the volvo stereo in the front dash. This seems a lot of wiring to me.

In my day we just had our stereo cassettes in the front and extra speekers at the back if we were very lucky so it was very easy to put one in :)

5lab
Jan 19th, 2005, 17:14
under the drivers seat?

migrator
Jan 19th, 2005, 19:18
Location : there should be two covered wells, one at each side of the rear load area. Looking in from the tailgate, the normal position for the CD changer that I have found is in the right hand well.

Newer cars do have the required changer to head unit cable already fitted. All that is required is to plug it in to the changer and the head unit, always provided both are Volvo units. Other combinations can be put together but will require extra adaptors (for the Alpine changer to SC-nnn head unit the cost is about £60.00). All other wiring is already connected if you have a Volvo head unit.

rocket ron
Jan 19th, 2005, 19:31
nice to see you back old boy, i feared after your rather dramatic exit a while ago rapped knuckles were a thing of the past!

mas
Jan 19th, 2005, 19:52
Thanks for that , my car is a V70 T-5 estate 1997 is that likely to have the connector and where do i find it roughly . I havnt seen anything obvious

Mas

migrator
Jan 19th, 2005, 21:27
Thanks, (too much 'withdrawal symptoms' being suffered)!}(

migrator
Jan 19th, 2005, 21:31
If it is pre-wired with the cable it will be visible in the covered well. The cable end and plug should be visible. Perhaps some of the V70 folks will come in here.

tirpitz
Jan 19th, 2005, 21:38
yes nice to see you back migrator, i trust all your teddies are now accounted for, must have been rather traumatic for them at the time!!!

ted
Jan 19th, 2005, 22:04
what was it a day?

migrator
Jan 20th, 2005, 20:59
tirpitz / vinnie tams,

Thank you for the welcome back.

Why spoil it with the cheap shot that has nothing to do with the subject?

Not being a shy person nor inclined to do things behind backs, I thought I'd let you know I passed your remarks on to the management.

KeatV70D5SE
Jan 23rd, 2005, 20:31
My dealer says my '02 V70 isn't pre-wired due to it having a 4-player in it already even though the head unit can take a further multi-player.

sarge
Jan 24th, 2005, 13:55
Can be fitted in the glove box. Very handy for changing cartridges but doesn't leave much room for anything else.

Sarge
'99 V70 AWD

PEGE63
Jan 28th, 2005, 13:03
I have thought of a CD changer for my car but its a matter of cost and I have finally sorted it by other means;
Wife's got an iPOD so I bought (from Apple.com USA) the FM transmitter for the car and bingo, we have 850+ tracks at hand and the sound through the stereo is great.