PDA

View Full Version : v70 diesel year 2000 lights

brownling.net
Jan 22nd, 2005, 16:27
i am told by honest john it is possible to switch off lights for day time driving. How do I do this please?

migrator
Jan 22nd, 2005, 16:56
I cannot speak for the V70 cars but on my 960 and V90 there was a small screw at the bottom right corner of the light switch on the dash. This could be moved to one of a number of positions which would alter the overall light setting.

Sorry it's a bit vague but it is not something I ever adjusted.

I am sure that some of the V70 people will get back to you but you may also want to post this in the V70 forum to target those people specifically.

justthinking
Jan 22nd, 2005, 19:02
the man is right. if you look at the light switch there is a small screw in the bottom right hand corner - on my car it is in the vertical position. It can be turned left or right to give different modes. I seem to remember that you have to push it in and then turn with a small flat blade screwdriver.

If nobody confirms by tomorrow I ll check, but its -2C and drak at the mopment.

Mark

2000my v70 tdi

Peter Milnes
Jan 23rd, 2005, 00:05
Why would you wish to disable a safety feature on your car? It does not make any difference to bulb life, or alternator life, nor does it put any strain on the battery. However, no-one can say they could not see you clearly.

All the best, Peter.

ted
Jan 23rd, 2005, 16:11
Peter,

DON'T

KeatV70D5SE
Jan 23rd, 2005, 20:22
Mine's a 2002 V70 and the lights can only be turned off by the dealers with their fancy VADIS machine. To be honest I quite like mine being on, saves the big effort of turning them on at night. Also stops the "is it dark enough yet" decision.

IMHO they should be left on.