PDA

View Full Version : How often do you check yours?

IanGEC
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:35
The other day I noticed one of the tail lights on the car was not working when my wife drove off. When I got a chance I checked the dash and the bulb not working dash warning light was not on. I replaced the dash light and hey presto it came on so here is the question - how often should you check your light not working light is working?

Al115
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:58
Funny, I was wondering that the other day! From the number of (fairly modern) cars driving around without all their lights working... there must be quite a few failed dash bulbs out there :-)

Alastair
----------------------------
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopost/data/500/357v70-sig.jpg

migrator
Jan 26th, 2005, 13:04
Yes, but don't go 'nuts' over the problem.:D

sarge
Jan 26th, 2005, 13:34
Every time you turn the ignition on - all warning lights should illuminate to indicate that they are working. If one doesn't light up you know a warning light bulb has gone.

Sarge
'99 V70 AWD

IanGEC
Jan 26th, 2005, 14:09
A fair point I will admit but how often do you really look at them when you turn on the ignition. I mean I know that for some bizarre reason my ABS warning light does not come on unless the external temperature is below zero degrees C but I don't check everytime I turn the ignition on - only if a warning light stays on after I turn the key do I tend to notice it......

IanGEC
940 Highlander

cootuk
Jan 26th, 2005, 14:59
I check mine once week, but check the brake lights every day it is used as it is garaged....got a shock once when the brake lights didnt work because the pedal switch had broken...

4 forty
Jan 26th, 2005, 17:54
the bulb off warning light on the dashboard, only relates to your5 brake lights, not your side lights.

paul

migrator
Jan 26th, 2005, 20:03
Dipped lights, side lights and also the brake lights are covered (at least on the 760 they are).

Indicators will give a rapid flash if onr of the bulbs is not woeking.

Remember, the warning light will come on if you have a pair of bulbs with different wattages in use as it is the used current that is registered.

KeatV70D5SE
Jan 26th, 2005, 22:01
The V70 tells you which sidelight has gone ("Check Right hand parking light" etc..). Unless the fuse has gone in which case it also thinks the bulb has blown.