PDA

View Full Version : reviving upholstery?

pyaap
Mar 6th, 2005, 20:44
Hi Jacq,

Try using Autoglym interior upholstery cleaner (its apparently meant for leather stains too) and then use some leather cream, I have and its pretty good. It removes superficial stains and the leather does need treatment every other year at least, to keep it in good condition.

fwb44
Mar 8th, 2005, 15:19
Sounds to me like Jacq has velour seats ... in which case any industrial grime remover in strong solution applied with a Henry or similar upholstery cleaning machine would do the trick I reckon. How about wearing stone-washed Jacq??

bigandquick
Mar 8th, 2005, 15:41
I don't believe velour was available in cream, just leather.
I've used Autoglym on my leather in the past and it's worked well.

fwb44
Mar 8th, 2005, 18:25
Would you describe leather as 'fabric'?

IC
Mar 8th, 2005, 19:14
Jacq's T4 seats are half leather and velour.

bigandquick
Mar 8th, 2005, 21:23
'Would you describe leather as 'fabric'?'

How would you describe it then?

bigandquick
Mar 8th, 2005, 21:28
As are mine.
I used Autoglym foam upholstery cleaner on my 'fabric', which worked very well.

v6en
Mar 8th, 2005, 21:38
Dear God let's not argue about it! Thanks very much for all your advice, i will use the autoglym as recommended and look into getting some stonewashed jeans as well lol.

jacq.

fwb44
Mar 9th, 2005, 00:29
Fabric: 'a cloth produced by knitting, weaving or felting fibres' (Webster)

Half leather is neither fish nor fowl anyway! Jacq, beware these forums! You never know what savagery you may unleash in the beating male breast when you venture into the uncharted waters of amateur automobile expertise

bigandquick
Mar 9th, 2005, 07:11
Well researched answer.
You must, however, pay more attention in future as the answer you have given is not the answer to my question.

IC
Mar 9th, 2005, 08:10
Jacq, I've locked this thread as your question has been answered. The whole purpose of this thread is to ask for advice in cleaning upholstery - nothing more! The whole purpose of our fora is to give us the Volvo community the opportunity to help each other and share our enthusiasm for all thing Volvos as well as general topics which we feel may be of interest to others - help and share are key words!

fwb44
Mar 9th, 2005, 08:31
No message

v6en
Mar 9th, 2005, 08:33
Hi all,

I have a cream interior, but unfortunately, both myself and ross wearing jeans in the car has resulted in some really bad discolouratiohn of the fabric. Before i phone a re-upholsterer, any suggestions for miracle cleaning products would be a great help.

thanks in advance,

jacq.