PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Mechanics In The Southend-On-Sea Area

James A
Mar 11th, 2005, 10:40
I will shortly be moving to the outskirts of Southend-On-Sea and I am wondering if there are any good independent Volvo mechanics in the area. So far I have drawn a blank.

However, in the stack of paperwork that came with the car, there are service invoices from the mid-1990s from a Chris Thompson who at the time ran a Volvo workshop in Southend-On-Sea (The Volvo lived in Benfleet for 12 years before I bought it). Is this concern still going?

Thanks in advance! :D

Chris Wickers
Mar 14th, 2005, 21:48
To the best of my knowledge he has relocated to Wickford which isn't far from Southend.

I do know a very good and reasonable garage near Ongar, which is a 25-30 mile drive..............

Hope this helps.

Chris

James A
Mar 15th, 2005, 17:12
That's great! Found it on the Yellow Pages website. I think I'll pay a visit as The Volvo's MOT/ annual check over is due in late May, and it would be nice to have someone who knows it working on it :)

What's the garage in Ongar caled?

Allen
Mar 15th, 2005, 18:38
Following on from Chris's reply, a quick search of Wickford reveals :

Garage Name: Volvo Workshop
Telephone: 01268 561615
Address: 17-18 Hodgson Ct/Hodgson Way, Wickford, SS11 8XR

Whether or not it's the same guy James...... perhaps you can keep us informed as to service, cost and quality etc....could be a handy number to have

Allen

James A
Mar 16th, 2005, 18:07
I shall check the place out, and hopefully book The Volvo in at the same time some time in April :)

Watch this space...

Chris Wickers
Mar 17th, 2005, 10:14
Garage is called Motorvation 2000.

The person I have always spoken to is Dave - 01277 364241.

I have used him several times for my car, my parents, my wifes, and even the father-in-laws.

Absolutely no complaints and exceedingly reasonable!

My friend has also used him without complaint which is 100% remarkable as he finds fault with everything!

Chris

James A
Mar 17th, 2005, 17:49
Sounds good. Good name too! :)