PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Concessionaires, Ipswich

migrator
Mar 14th, 2005, 19:04
Does anyone have a contact telephone, fax, or email address for the above? I have the snail mail address but if I could send something electronically it would be faster for me.

Thanks in advance.

migrator
Mar 15th, 2005, 19:57
Does anyone know if they still exist or have they been swallowed up by Lex?

Bob
Mar 15th, 2005, 20:53
I thought that was the original name for Volvo Car UK, who are now at Marlow.

Bob

David 850 GLT
Mar 15th, 2005, 20:58
H R Owen, Ipswich, Parts Dept direct line: 01473-603609, v. helpful.

migrator
Mar 15th, 2005, 23:34
Thanks to Bob and David for their input.

For info, I have traced the following from EEC Mergers Office.

"Subject: Case N° IV/M224 - VOLVO/LEX
Notification of 21.04.1992 pursuant to Article 4 of
Council Regulation N° 4064/89.
1. This case concerns the purchase by the Volvo Car Corporation
(Volvo), through its wholly-owned UK subsidiary Swecar
Engineering Limited, of the operating assets of Volvo
Concessionaires Limited, the independent importer and
distributor of Volvo passenger cars in the UK. Volvo
Concessionaires is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lex Service
Plc (Lex)."

This is just the first para of the document.

I have been able to trace a fax number from the name supplied by Bob so I will try that for a response.

Cheers.

Jim760
Oct 15th, 2007, 09:42
sorry to bring this back from the dead, but ive been looking for them too, they are the 1st registered keepers of my car, i was hoping they could answer some questions for me but thats out the window. Migrator, i too have read that document! all intresting stuff

Jim760
Oct 15th, 2007, 11:19
just been on the phone to binz uk, they baught nilson volvo who baught volvo consessionares.

Crying freeman
Jun 3rd, 2015, 20:15
Hi guys, I know this is as old as the hills, but what's the score with Volvo concessionaires? Just they were also the 1st owner of my motor, the Hatfield branch?

Clan
Jun 3rd, 2015, 22:37
Does anyone have a contact telephone, fax, or email address for the above? I have the snail mail address but if I could send something electronically it would be faster for me.

Thanks in advance.

The Volvo Import / Training centre at Raeburn Road Ipswich closed in 1980 when the new training centre at Daventry opened , and HQ at Marlow opened . Lex did own volvo concessionaires in Ipswich at the time ... Nothing volvo has existed there for many many years . you can still see the marked out car park on google maps it is actualy on a steep hillside .... They used to overhaul the Volvo 66 and 340 CVT primary and secondary units there too , there was a weird balancing rig they used to balance them,:thumbs_up: they used thick blobs of molten solder to act as the balancing weight ! OH i wonder if they still do Toley cobald ale there in the area these days :-)

Clan
Jun 3rd, 2015, 22:41
I thought that was the original name for Volvo Car UK, who are now at Marlow.

Bob

They moved out of marlow two or three years ago ! Maidenhead is the new HQ now ..
Scandinavia House, Norreys Drive, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 4FL

gjd
Jun 4th, 2015, 19:41
OH i wonder if they still do Toley cobald ale there in the area these days :-)

http://tollycobbold.co.uk/

Clan
Jun 4th, 2015, 19:54
http://tollycobbold.co.uk/

Well it was 40 years ago i last saw it , so couldnt remember the spelling :-) Pity it has closed down , it was a memorable name .

gjd
Jun 4th, 2015, 20:35
Sometimes a local name is revived...

http://www.lacons.co.uk/

There used to be a number of brewers in Norwich, all sadly gone new.

V50scoobS70
Jun 4th, 2015, 20:59
Blast from the past this one.
Very happy memories as a kid seeing transporter after transporter of new Volvos.
One Ted Toleman was the primary haulier of millions of pounds worth of swedish beauties:thumbs_up:
Regards Andy.

Helena9523
Jul 8th, 2023, 11:56
Does anyone know if they offered their own membership scheme? I brought a bundle of classic volvo accessories and one of the items is a membership folder. On the front it says V.P.M.A 1988 and on the back it says Volvo Concessionaires limited, Parkway, Globe park, marlow, bucks, SL7 1YQ.

The other items included 2 leather suitcases, a 50th anniversary bag, a volvo messenger bag, an r sport hat and a dealership rug.

I’ve contacted volvo hertiage and they can’t seem to find anything on the suitcases. They say volvo accessories inside, but nothing else. Seller said they are from the 70s/80s her dad was a parts manager at volvo and got them whilst he was working there.

I can’t find anything online about these suitcases other then in a press release photo of either the 245 or 265, sources vary.