PDA

View Full Version : Quiet, comfortable tyres

morsing
Apr 11th, 2005, 17:02
I need new tyres soon an since I've got two sets of wheels I wan't a proper set of summer tyres. I've got a 240GLT and I want to lower the road noise as much a possible and if possible make the ride smoother.

Which tyres would be best for this? I've got Bridgestone Potenza atm. Any recommendations?

Mike_Brace
Apr 13th, 2005, 22:59
I run my 240GLT estate on 205 60 15 Stunners - The set I used last year did me about 35,000 miles with very good road holding and exceptional water dispersal. I also run my 244 Turbo on these and have done so for several years. They don't give much road noise.
Regards smoother ride condition of bushes, shocks and springs affect this a lot. New springs and shocks can make a difference. The original GLT shocks last very well but can becomes slightly notchy.
Correct replacement ones are not available from Volvo but I have located a source for these. My cars are both lowered at front with cargo springs to rear which gives excellent ride and my wife finds the firmer ride more comfortable. Hope this is some help.
Mike