PDA

View Full Version : Register Reports

Chris Wickers
Apr 19th, 2005, 00:02
As a Register Keeper one of the most common 'phone calls I receive is regarding 480 lights not popping up - normally at this stage the enquirer has already tried several remedies, some of which have been quite costly, as opposed to the normal solution of changing day running bulbs.

I would appreciate any views and comments on the following

The 400 series (which I imagine is similar for all model variants) has its own quirks and known common problems as well as some unusual ones.

How often should the well known and documented 'problems' be repeated in a register report? From a newer member's perspective the answer must be as often as possible, however the downside is that long standing members will be reading the same information again and again? This can be partly alleviated with newer information as and when it becomes available.

Finally one of the frustrations which I know is shared by all Register Keepers is the fact that when you offer suggestions fron 'new unknown' faults it is often very difficult to get feedback as to whether it was correct, and if not how the problem was solved?

Peter Milnes
Apr 19th, 2005, 00:15
Perhaps the best way to disseminate information is to have a 400 series FAQ made up. This would be similar to the 700/900 FAQ, used with the co-operation of Brickboard and browsable on our own site.

OK it's going to be time-consuming getting it up and running, but I am sure that Bob and Tony will be only too pleased to assist with getting it onto the website.

Perhaps 480-Europe have some information which would be very useful. Their URL is http://www.volvo-480-europe.org/

All the best, Peter.

Bob
Apr 19th, 2005, 15:17
Noted. I will email everyone direct.

Bob