PDA

View Full Version : flash car wash system

4 forty
Apr 23rd, 2005, 12:48
being sceptical on first seeing this system being advertised on the television, i have seen a couple of positve write ups on this product,which as you may know, eliminates water spots after rinsing off shampoo.
has anyone used this yet, and what are your overall comments.

paul

Paul Wildsmith
Apr 23rd, 2005, 18:03
Yes, I've got one. It works OK - downside is your sponge gets a bit mucky without a bucket to dip it into to. Also, you need to be quite methodical to ensure every bit is covered. The no spot rinse thing seems to work, though you'll end up spending a lot on refills! All in all, quite handy and you get washing very quickly.

kev240
Apr 23rd, 2005, 18:50
Bought one last week, tend to agree about the sponge, 'Flash' soapy stuff did not produce a very good lather.
Very pleased with the 'no spot' rinse system, as I hate chamoing cars !.
Kevin.

Paul Wildsmith
Apr 23rd, 2005, 20:15
but that's almost the most satisfying part! Mind you, on my S80 there's no problem but on the wife's C70 the water lies on the inside door sill plate.

zygote
Apr 23rd, 2005, 23:29
>Bought one last week, tend to agree about the sponge, 'Flash'
>soapy stuff did not produce a very good lather.
> Very pleased with the 'no spot' rinse system, as I hate
>chamoing cars !.
>Kevin.

*Really* don't like the sound of that. Without a bucket of water to clean the sponge in, you're going to end up with a shed load of swirl marks in the paintwork, even with soap lubricating. As for drying, on my last car I used one of those squeegees you can get for cars (mine came from Costco) and it works a treat. Since my last car was black I was worried about the squeegee causing swirls but it doesn't, and I could dry a C-Class Merc in about 7 minutes with it. Just remember to keep it clean.

4 forty
Apr 24th, 2005, 16:36
just a thought, how about washing with your favourite brand of shampoo, bucket and sponge, then useing the flash turned to the rinse mode activating the non spot filter.

paul

Allen
Apr 24th, 2005, 21:16
Speaking as someone who has always absolutely hated (and still does btw) cleaning cars and never ever thought I could or would become one of the Sunday morning bucket and sponge brigade, I can honestly say that chamoising was definitely the worst part of all. However since I bought the Flash doodad thingy it's certainly become a lot more tolerable but I can still think of plenty of other things I'd rather be doing on a Sunday morning.

I bought mine when they very first come out and soon discovered like many new product launches nowadays, the backup was adrift. In this instance obtaining refills of shampoo was impossible and so I used caravan cleaner and can report no difference whatsoever in both the application and the quality of finish.

As suggested above, the issue of maintaining a clean sponge is easily overcome by having a bucket of water to hand although I now tend to add a drop of caravan cleaner to it which supplements the Flash shampoo although I don't really think it's necessary. Yes there isn't as much lather produced as you might expect but at the end of the day it does the job. I just wish I could find someone else to do it that's all. :(