PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

mitchyboy01
Aug 17th, 2011, 13:20
Hi people,

I'm new to this forum and thought I should introduce myself.

I'm a complete petrol head and mad into my cars and bikes. In fact I've had 6 cars and bikes this year. Missus thinks I'm a nightmare... which I am lol
I've been into my Volvo's for a while now.

Currently have a V40 T4 with plans for some big power in the future.
Just sold Olive Green T5R.
Previously had 313bhp 850 T5.

I'm from South East Kent near Dover.

I usually frequent VPCUK, don't know if any of you are on there and know me?

Thanks,

Mitch.

JimDay
Aug 17th, 2011, 13:24
Hi Mitch & welcome to the forum :thumbs_up:

RUTV70
Aug 17th, 2011, 13:43
Welcome aboard, Mitch.

Neil

The Hooded Claw
Aug 17th, 2011, 14:25
Welcome to the MADHOUSE Mitch ....... Pull up a Sock & Sit awhile ... Your gonna love it here !!!

Keith

mitchyboy01
Aug 17th, 2011, 17:11
Cheers guys. Seems like a very active forum! All I do is learn about Volvo's, it's becoming an obsession. This forum seems full of info. Glad to have found it.

kebab10
Aug 17th, 2011, 17:17
Welcome to the Forum, an absolute fountain of knowledge and gossip.

tt82
Aug 17th, 2011, 17:21
Welcome to the forum.

SonyVaio
Aug 17th, 2011, 19:43
:welcome: to the forum.

:star-wars-smiley-01

mitchyboy01
Aug 17th, 2011, 19:57
Thanks!

DesertDog
Aug 17th, 2011, 20:20
Salaam Alikum from the sand pit

stevo48
Aug 17th, 2011, 20:23
Welcome to the forum Mitch.

ruffday
Aug 17th, 2011, 23:13
Welcome mate. Sounds like we are from the same stock love my bikes but had to give them up. Had more cars than i can remember. Stopped counting when i hit 3 figures.

oldsteve
Aug 17th, 2011, 23:19
Welcome aboard.
As you say, lots of helpful advice available on these forums, always a pleasant place to visit IMO.
Enjoy
Steve

mitchyboy01
Aug 17th, 2011, 23:36
Thanks for the welcomes guys

Welcome mate. Sounds like we are from the same stock love my bikes but had to give them up. Had more cars than i can remember. Stopped counting when i hit 3 figures.

Yeah, sounds like you are mate. I've had an R1 and 2 road legal motocrossers this year lol. Got fed up with road riding on sports bikes, **** roads and too many cars with blind dickheads driving. On the big sports bikes you have to be doing 100mph+ to have fun. Decided to go for a crosser to slow me down a bit, you can have good fun at 40mph on the back wheel and do some green laning when the mood takes you. I do feel like bikes are eventually going to be very bad for my health but I can't give them up. I might give them up once I've got a 350bhp+ T4 lol

cam
Aug 18th, 2011, 07:12
Hi and welcome mate:thumbs_up:

ruffday
Aug 18th, 2011, 07:56
Thanks for the welcomes guys

Yeah, sounds like you are mate. I've had an R1 and 2 road legal motocrossers this year lol. Got fed up with road riding on sports bikes, **** roads and too many cars with blind dickheads driving. On the big sports bikes you have to be doing 100mph+ to have fun. Decided to go for a crosser to slow me down a bit, you can have good fun at 40mph on the back wheel and do some green laning when the mood takes you. I do feel like bikes are eventually going to be very bad for my health but I can't give them up. I might give them up once I've got a 350bhp+ T4 lol

I have to agree about the sports bikes ive had a couple in the last 25 years ive had a full licence but now suffer with arthritis in my wrist and ankles so had to give up riding as it was no fun.
I favour Musle bikes as I hate all the plastic.
My last one was a ZRX1100 with a stage 2 kit. 126bhp at the back wheel and 2 exta teeth on the rear cog made for some serious fun.
I have had company cars for the past 9 years but ive still had 20+ cars of my own even though I dont need one.
Currently a V70 T5 in fairly std trim for now.

mitchyboy01
Aug 18th, 2011, 14:21
126bhp on a muscle bike geared down. Bet that was mental. My biggest regret with bikes ive owned was selling my Honda RC30 VFR750R. I should've stuck it in the garage. I was only 21 when i had it. I took out a loan and rode it like I stole it. People used to ask if i actually knew how rare and expensive the bike was lol

ruffday
Aug 18th, 2011, 22:17
Was real fun book time to 60 is somthing like 3.4 with the std 96bhp at the wheel so imagine how quick tuned up and no fairing. It would still top 160 as well within about a mile. Power wheelies in 2nd gear off the throttle.
A mate of mine had a bored out 1 that was putting out 158bhp at the wheel.
He could lift the wheel at a ton no problem. It had so much tourqe that it twisted the braced swingarm.
Man I miss that bike.