PDA

View Full Version : S60: - Anyone able to disable DRL on older S60 (2002 car) please?

y2blade
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:18
I rang a trusted Volvo Dealers and they said they are no longer allowed to disable "always on" headlights on older cars due to the new DRL law.

I want my sidelights on with the ignition on and switch in the "off" position then headlights to come on in the correct switch position for them

anyone else able to help please?

october37
Aug 18th, 2011, 11:31
I rang a trusted Volvo Dealers and they said they are no longer allowed to disable "always on" headlights on older cars due to the new DRL law.

I want my sidelights on with the ignition on and switch in the "off" position then headlights to come on in the correct switch position for them

anyone else able to help please?

Try another different Stealer or a good Independant Volvo Garage

RobbieH
Aug 18th, 2011, 12:38
I don't think you can have sidelights on and headlights off as described. I have turned mine and a few other peoples DRL's off using the VCT/Vida combo.

Doing this means with the light switch at "0" all lights are off, the next setting gives just side lights (parking lights) and the last means dipped beam on.

DRL's have been done to death on here but AFAIK and U there's no rule that applies retrospectively only that from 2011 all new vehicles muct have DRLs fitted unless the vehicle is already approved and in production without them.

I'd just try to find someone near who has a VCT/DiCE/Vadis/Vida unit. takes no more than 60seconds to connect to the car, read the configuration and and change the DRL setting (flexstd iirc).

SonyVaio
Aug 18th, 2011, 12:42
Just had my DRL's turned off yesterday on my V50 (2004) at a Dealer. Cost me £7.50 + vat for the priviledge!

The dealers didn't even blink an eyelid, no mention of any laws or should/shouldn't etc...

Think it must depend on where you go.

:star-wars-smiley-01

Bill Edmondson
Aug 18th, 2011, 12:49
Exactly, good price though, my local volvo charged £45+vat.

They are not legally required.....in your car.

y2blade
Aug 18th, 2011, 12:55
Just had my DRL's turned off yesterday on my V50 (2004) at a Dealer. Cost me £7.50 + vat for the priviledge!

The dealers didn't even blink an eyelid, no mention of any laws or should/shouldn't etc...

Think it must depend on where you go.

:star-wars-smiley-01

aye..the dealer in question is of very high regard and tbh I was surprised at his unwillingness to do it for me

thanks for the info everyone