PDA

View Full Version : A couple of things.

Andy Northface
Aug 22nd, 2011, 00:02
I came back from Blackpool today and I had been on the M6 for about 20 minutes after leaving the M55 and I was doing a steady 70mph. ( all the family and tons of luggage! ) when I was overtaken by a Beige Volvo Amazon. It was,I think, original condition with a few rust spots and it was doing about 80mph.I know some people think this is sacrilege to use a classic like this,but It looked brilliant! On this same road in the past I have even been overtaken by a couple of E-type jags that were doing well over 90mph and the sound of those engines howling was sensational!

Also following on from Steve's thread http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=132170,I thought I would show you this38207 It is a non return valve for my headlight washers from PFS.

Price was £2.10 +
Delivery £3.43 +
V.A.T. £ 0.92 +
= £ 6.45
But that did include a couple of mints to "sweeten" the deal!! :) :)

The Hooded Claw
Aug 22nd, 2011, 00:06
Just Think Andy if you'd have bin in my "C" you could have "BLOWN HIS DOORS OFF" .. ROFPMSL here !!!

Andy Northface
Aug 22nd, 2011, 00:13
I could have caught him bit the "speed governor" was in the back seat! I love to see older cars "driven" ! :)

andy_d
Aug 22nd, 2011, 00:15
classic cars imho should be driven, not stashed away and never used.
nice to see them being used as intended,,if a smidge over @ 70.5mph (ahem)

but ,,honestly could you own a E-type and Not take it out for a "wee blast" every now and then,, i know the mpg is "ow",,but stuff that its a E-type ,,and sounds "ohherr matron" when on song.

Moosejaw
Aug 22nd, 2011, 00:25
classic cars imho should be driven, not stashed away and never used.

+1 :thumbs_up:

When I had my '69 Amazon I used it at least once a week, often duelling with 3 series BMWs at (ahem) 71mph....
A decent 2 litre twin carb Amazon is a lot faster than you might think, 80 was easy meat.

The Hooded Claw
Aug 22nd, 2011, 00:29
I can See/Hear it now

Andy... "did You see that"

Wife.. "what"

Andy "That, it was a Volvo Amazon"

Wife... "Yes Dear"

Andy... "But it WAS!!!"

Wife... "of Course it was Dear"

Andy..." I think I'll catch it up fer another look"

Wife..." You know the Children are in the Car & I don't like going fast"

Andy... "But it was an Amazon"

Wife..."Yes Dear if you say so"

Andy (Thinking!!) "I'll speed up a bit she'll never Notice"

Wife... "ANDY!!!! You've speeded up by 0.123567 Miles per Hour"

Andy..." No I haven't Dear"

Wife..."YES YOU HAVE & YOU KNOW you have & Its making me feel Sick"

Andy... "Sorry Dear"

Wife..." I should think so too, What have I told you about Speeding"

Andy..."If you think THIS is Fast you should have seen Keith in his C70"

Wife... "It NOT FUNNY I'll Bet Marie doesn't know how fast he drives"

Andy..."I Don't know if she does Dear"

Wife..." You Do have some seriously ODD friends Andy"

Andy..." Yes Dear"

Journey then continues in COMPLETE SILENCE until Home is reached.......

Keith

AcidicDavey
Aug 22nd, 2011, 01:04
I love seeing cars being USED.

Oh yeah and Keith I think your bloody mad with posts like that but your posts always seem to cheer me up :) I'm sure I'm not the only one! Keep it up!

Andy Northface
Aug 22nd, 2011, 08:21
+1 :thumbs_up:

When I had my '69 Amazon I used it at least once a week, often duelling with 3 series BMWs at (ahem) 71mph....
A decent 2 litre twin carb Amazon is a lot faster than you might think, 80 was easy meat.

Yup,as I said It looked as if the driver wasn't even trying!It disappeared into the horizon quite quickly!

@Keith,did you bug my car??

Rustee
Aug 23rd, 2011, 18:00
My P5B Rover loves to clear his throat on the dual carriageways at 71+, interesting to see the looks on modern car drivers faces as he glides by. 20 mpg too!