PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Kasey

biffbailey
Aug 29th, 2011, 09:28
Nothing to do with volvo's, but something very close to my heart here i'm afraid.
My hobby is drag racing, and yesterday, at York dragway in east yorkshire, in a National street car challenge meeting, Kasey Dixon-Grainger was tragically killed, after rolling his 7.7 litre ford cortina at 130 mph.
I have been a racer in the NSCC for around 11 or 12 years, and although I didn't know Kasey too well, he was one of those true characters that you meet and instantly feel that you have known for years. Always up for a laugh, and an enthusiasm for the sport that belayed his young age.
He died, doing what he loved, surrounded by his family and friends.
He was only 23 years old.

Rest in peace Kasey, you will be sorely missed !

biffbailey
Sep 7th, 2011, 17:01
Im not sure if this will work, but here is a small video of some of Kaseys funeral procession, the coffin as you will see is decked out in the livery of his race car, and amongst the floral tributes, is his race number, HRG 66.
http://youtu.be/2MCN2HKcHDg

deathrider311271
Sep 7th, 2011, 17:19
absolutly brilliant mate just the send off he would have wanted :thumbs_up:

craigoodwood
Sep 8th, 2011, 10:39
Much respect to him, very few of us will be lucky enough to end doing something we love.

i've been involved in national hotrod oval racing for over 10 years and have seen some horrific accidents, none have ended that way but have been enough to end their career one way or another.

All the best to his family, Craig.