PDA

View Full Version : General: - Steering wheel adjustment S60-2001

excalibur1
Aug 31st, 2011, 08:29
Hello everybody as a new member I have lots of things to ask and so grateful to be here though because i found an excellent help from members. I want to tighten up my steerIng wheel with the help of a post/thread here, but my only concern is; if ever I will disconnect the battery either positive or negative connection , do i need the stereo CODE when reconnecting it again? as i I don't have it since. If anybody could help what or where can I find it so that i can start working on it.Worst thing i lost my car manual.
Thank you

lyron
Aug 31st, 2011, 11:30
the radios are not coded so don,t worry about that, what does worry me is why do you need to tighten the steering wheel, when you disconect the battery put key in ignition to no 1 position and then disconnect battery NEGATIVE first then possitive, when reconnecting POSSITIVE on first then negative hope this is of help. ron.

:animal-smiley-027::animal-smiley-037:

excalibur1
Aug 31st, 2011, 19:48
My steering wheel is a bit loose and my local garage told me it is in the steering column.I've read a thread/posts regarding this problem and it is exactly what is happening to my steering wheel.This forum is very helpful and i will do the DIY on my s60.
Thank you very much LYRON for the information, greatly appreciated.

excalibur1
Sep 1st, 2011, 21:17
finding the spring lock inside the 2 holes seems like a trial and error but successful in the end...jobs done!
thanks to you lyron.:thumbs_up: